Is it worth going to 37s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JcrewLC

SILVER Star
Threads
3” dobs with 17x8.5 -10 offset

It will be a mall crawler. Stock bumpers. I’m debating between 35 and 37s. Only reason I’m looking into 37s is purely for looks. The 35s are perfectly capable. However, 35s get swallowed by the 80 series fenders.

I feel like for extended bump stops, I can do 37s without trimming. I am already running drop brackets that moved the axle forward .7”.

What would you do? I don’t mind regearing regardless it’ll be 35 or 37s.

Uh no. They’re expensive and not useful to you if you’re not Offroading.
It’s like asking, should I buy lockers so I can look at the locker buttons when I drive?

199A9B7B-20CB-4D59-B28E-23C92BDF71B4.jpeg

Those are going to be some massive bump drops for 37s and no trimming.

Well sense you live in so cal I say go 37"s

I've gone back and forth now a few times. I prefer the 35s for having to actually drive my Cruiser, and that's with 4.88s. But I have a set of 37s again for when I'm doing more.

Smaller tires will make it handle better on the street. It will be more nimble and easier to drive. 37s can look cool. Ive kept smaller tires on my 80 because its a daily driver. It handles really well with small tires. I can corner much faster, gas mileage is good, I can park in parking garages, and they are cheap to replace. Im happy with how it looks too, i took my time choosing rims. Maybe just change up the rims instead. When i had 37s i always had to hammer the throttle everywhere. If i was doing 75 I had to be very alert to people making bad decisions suddenly in front of me as i had very limited options at that speed with the big tires to avoid an accident. With the small tires i can dart to the next lane with not as much worry.

Do 37s and never look back. You already have plenty enough lift to clear them.

Well, to answer your question specifically, "Is it worth going to 37's?"...given your use case... it is absolutely not worth it.
But then I suspect perhaps you're not asking the right question.
What is the right question?
I think it is, "what does 'worth' mean?"
lol

Well, to answer your question specifically, "Is it worth going to 37's?"...given your use case... it is absolutely not worth it.
But then I suspect perhaps you're not asking the right question.
What is the right question?
I think it is, "what does 'worth' mean?"
lol
Worth = regear, dc drive shaft, some trimming, can’t fit a 37” spare in the stock location, limited up travel, will require an aftermarket bumper…

37s are the sweet spot for an 80 😉
If you’re asking you know you want them.

Just consider how you will be using the vehicle. IF its really all just for 'show' put what you want on there.

37's (on stock size wheels) are a lot of unsprung weight and also affects your braking capability. So when moving up appreciably in size (over stock)....give thought to ALL the effects it will have. Handling, cost of additional mods to make it happen, safety, etc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom