Intro... Mesa AZ FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greeting from Mesa, AZ. I'm Tim and this is my (new) '72 FJ! I'm the 4th owner, as best I can tell. I picked it up about 1 week ago from the pastor of my church. Don't have a lot of history on it, although I've been told the odometer is correct and original at 44k miles (?). The original owner did a sbc conversion, but it keeps the original 3-speed tranny and transfer case. body is solid, minimal rust. Spray canned OD over white (I believe). Anyway, I took the chance to grab it when it came up for sale, but have a few other projects on going at the moment, so it's on the backburner for a while. I will be accumulating needed parts in the meantime and will start a build thread when I decide exactly what direction to go with it. A few pics....

IMG_2926.JPG

IMG_2927.JPG

IMG_2928.JPG

IMG_2929.JPG

IMG_2934.JPG

Welcome from up here in Prescott Valley, nice rig!!!

Interesting that you have a '73 steering column in a 72 cruiser.:hmm:

Definitely not orig steering column... ignition on dash and column. o_O (Ignition on dash is functional). I also dont think the windshield is original, looks like rustic green under the OD paint. The rest of the body looks white under the OD paint.

Greeting from Mesa, AZ. I'm Tim and this is my (new) '72 FJ! I'm the 4th owner, as best I can tell. I picked it up about 1 week ago from the pastor of my church. Don't have a lot of history on it, although I've been told the odometer is correct and original at 44k miles (?). The original owner did a sbc conversion, but it keeps the original 3-speed tranny and transfer case. body is solid, minimal rust. Spray canned OD over white (I believe). Anyway, I took the chance to grab it when it came up for sale, but have a few other projects on going at the moment, so it's on the backburner for a while. I will be accumulating needed parts in the meantime and will start a build thread when I decide exactly what direction to go with it. A few pics....

View attachment 1275838

That shifter angle looks... interesting. I'd think if the angle were reversed, you could still sit someone in the middle bench, if you were into that sort of thing.

Junglebiker, 350 V8. runs good, but will be gone through. Looks like a 2 barrel carb w/ restrictor plate, I post a few pics when I get the chance.

120mm, not sure on the shifter angle, would be uncomfy in the middle seat. Will probably relocate fuel tank underneath, install bucket seats with console, and hoping to pick up a set of the long rear jump seats I found for sale here...

120mm, not sure on the shifter angle, would be uncomfy in the middle seat. Will probably relocate fuel tank underneath, install bucket seats with console, and hoping to pick up a set of the long rear jump seats I found for sale here...

If you go to buckets, take good care of the seats that are there, they are unique to the 71 -72 40s and pretty hard to find.

thanks for the heads up, Jcd1! I'm still in the early planning stage at this point, I have had two first gen Broncos, a '68 and a '77. The '68 had stock seats and the '77 aftermarket buckets. Although I really liked the look of the stock seats, driving the '77 was far more comfortable and I ended up using it more often.

Nice 40! But I'd refrain from calling it an 'FJ' on this forum.

BTW ~ Welcome to MUD where your cruiser dreams are realized!

Welcome to Mud :flipoff2:!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom