Interco Special Service Swampers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was talking with a friend of mine about them last night. I think that they will be good for my 40 as I am looking for some tall skinnies.

I was wondering some specific things:

How long do bias tires last, is it the same as radials?

How do they run on the road, Im kinda looking for something that isnt too bad in rain and snow. Also I am thinking about road noise as well. I dont mind the TJ sounding like a hummingbird on crack and steroids but I am kinda looking for road friendly tires for the 40.

Are these going to give me a harsh ride?

I am looking for some 33 or 34 X 9.50s, but I think it would be ok to run 10.50s on a 7" rim. I am tryng to keep the look stock overall, so I am going to run stock solid rims which I think are badass anyways.

If you can think of other tires in this size that may work for me, please let me know. I have also been looking at the BFG AT/KOs as well. I know that they are expensive, but I can get a hell of a lot of miles out of them.

2nd vote for the SS Radial, or their new Truxus tire. You won't like a bias for noise, wear, handling, or wet/snow traction, all the things you want.

Also, a BFG-MT is a good option, see the siping thread too :D

i'm running the 33x10.5 tsl radials and you will love them
pretty quite on the road, dig great off road, skinnies get
you to the bottom of the mud (unless there is no bottom of course)

33x12.5 TSL radials here, need some siping for wet road traction. not very loud at all, along with SSR radial, probably best offroad radial available. Good compromise. My 12.5's are on 8" rims and are actually skinnier than my old 31x 11.5 Yoko Super Diggers.

34x10.50 LTB's -- they say offroad truck tire. loud on road and pretty soft so they wear fast and i mean fast. they were cheap but i should have gone with the TSL radial.

i have a friend with 36x12.50 truxus i think they are 12.50 but he has already ordered a set of TSL radials and has had the truxus for a month he doesnt like them but i dont know Y. he had the tsl's b4 the truxus and recommends the tsl radials

I just picked up some Iroks. WOOHOO. Nothing is as nice to cuddle up with at night as a nice new swamper. :flipoff2:

I run the TSL bias 34 x 9.50 they would fit on a 7" rim and are good off road but very loud and wear fast on pavement, so if you want something quiet don't get those. The benifit is you can run a taller tire and keep it inside the fender wells. Just my 2 cents.

ssr's:
siped, better sidewall, tighter tread pattern
ssr_sswamper_radial-200.jpg

tsl radial:
non bias ply, open tread, but narrower than tire width
TSLrweb2.jpg

the ultra cool tsl-sx:
same number of plys as others, but more aggressive sidewall tread (very tough tire)
TSLsxweb2.jpg

Thats an old pic of the TSL radials. They don't look like that, there is more sidewall build up and they look cooler. :D

your right about the pic,
but if you look at the specs the tread width is narrower than other models, escpeially those ltb's i'd like to try a set of those for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom