I'm buying this Lexus LX450: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ShottsUZJ100 said:
Nope. The kids needed something. They're safe in the '93. I couldn't have provided them with anything safer.

Except that you are running J spring without the proper caster correction and corrected panhards on a pretty light truck. Have you ever had the caster measured on the 93? I am sure it is way off. Does not make for good handling in an emergency. That is one of the biggest reasons we will not do those compromise lifts at the shop.

sleeoffroad said:
Except that you are running J spring without the proper caster correction and corrected panhards on a pretty light truck. Have you ever had the caster measured on the 93? I am sure it is way off. Does not make for good handling in an emergency. That is one of the biggest reasons we will not do those compromise lifts at the shop.

Don't have J's. And yes, the alignment just makes it. I do have to put the sway bars back on though. :D
Nothing compromised on the '93 though those steel bumpers will devour what they hit (I guess). :confused:

ShottsUZJ100 said:
First Toy was right....you're losing your mind! :D :D

Huh? Didn't see that post...

But yes, I may be, desiring TRAC on a REAL 4WD like an 80... ;)

ShottsUZJ100 said:
Don't have J's. And yes, the alignment just makes it. I do have to put the sway bars back on though. :D
Nothing compromised on the '93 though those steel bumpers will devour what they hit (I guess). :confused:

OK, I was under the impression you had J's on it and wanted to duplicate that on the LX. Just have to keep you in line :D

sleeoffroad said:
OK, I was under the impression you had J's on it and wanted to duplicate that on the LX. Just have to keep you in line :D

My FIRST thoughts are to:

Front and Rear J's (Front w'20mm packers)
L-shocks
Steering stabilizer
Slee Caster Plates

???

apparently everything of any consequence can be run on 35's as long as you have TRAC :rolleyes:

clownmidget said:
apparently everything of any consequence can be run on 35's as long as you have TRAC :rolleyes:

What's TRAC? :D

I'll run 315's again. I wonder how tall an 80 is with the 6" Slee kit and 35's WITH A roof rack?

ShottsUZJ100 said:
What's TRAC? :D

I'll run 315's again. I wonder how tall an 80 is with the 6" Slee kit and 35's WITH A roof rack?

My `94 with said tires and lift and African Outback roof rack with top rail can fit easily into my 8' garage with several inches to spare. I don't think 7' would work.

ShottsUZJ100 said:
18' 4"

:D

Cool pickup John, looking foward to seeing more pics of the build.

Yes the side-to-side sway of a LX450 is awesome, a feature I think, makes you more at-one with nature, when there is a gentle cross-wind coming in gusts, you get to feel those breezes sweep over you and take you back to when you were a baby, rocking in your mother's arms...the LX is just baby-ing you, wanting you to feel at home.. :D

ShottsUZJ100 said:
OH, ONE LAST THING? I think from other threads that I should drail and refill the trans fluid rather than do a "flush" and "pan cleaning"?

THANKS!

Little late on this, but...

Funny that you lumped "flush" and "pan cleaning" together. I wouldn't do a flush, but personally, on a new-to-me vehicle I would definitely drop the pan and check the filter. Easy way to get a little more information and (probably) some peace of mind.

Congrat's

Curtis

I think it would still work, however, maybe not with a lighter rear bumper and no spare. If it doesn't just take off that useless junk anyway....you might be surprised to find that even AZ trucks get rust around the nutserts. Just Rhino it!!!

clarkrw3 said:
I think it would still work, however, maybe not with a lighter rear bumper and no spare. If it doesn't just take off that useless junk anyway....you might be surprised to find that even AZ trucks get rust around the nutserts. Just Rhino it!!!

Your Rhino comment is funny. I figure the black paint will be destroyed ASAP. My plan was to replaint in white and rhino the bottom in black. Ya? Nope?

ShottsUZJ100 said:
Your Rhino comment is funny. I figure the black paint will be destroyed ASAP. My plan was to replaint in white and rhino the bottom in black. Ya? Nope?
Not funny.

Rhino the bottom white and be the anti-Doug.

:flipoff2:

NorCalDoug said:
Not funny.

Rhino the bottom white and be the anti-Doug.

:flipoff2:

Doug, you think YOURE not laughing. Dude, he has a black LX450...

FirstToy said:
Doug, you think YOURE not laughing. Dude, he has a black LX450...

That's good, mine is the "anti Shotts" white edition. :D

Still no pictures? What, did Becky steal the camera John? :ban:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom