I'm buying this Lexus LX450: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ShottsUZJ100 said:
Seen that. THANKS! (Too many miles for me. 113K in this AZ one is against my desire)

110k did not bother me, 1 year later still happy and my DD :D

I love my LX, pretty sure you will. About seating position I added the Landtank brackets to add 2" of leg room and it was a totally different beast....love the new seating position. It was a 3 banana job however.

clarkrw3 said:
I love my LX, pretty sure you will. About seating position I added the Landtank brackets to add 2" of leg room and it was a totally different beast....love the new seating position. It was a 3 banana job however.

The prob with the '93 was the seat was so low. I'm 6' and my knees were to the sky and I had no back or leg support. I was beat before I hit the trailhead!

TiredIronGRB said:
Put the locked '93 axles under the LX and put portals under the 93...just a thought.

My teens will drive the '93. It'll be safe at least for them.

What I ought to do is cut the snot out of the wheel wells and stuff some big tires under there! :D

NO!

No pink panties for you!

NEXT!

ShottsUZJ100 said:
I'm expecting me to like and be satisfied with a "normal" 80/LX. With a quieter ride, adjustable seats that are leather and the other luxo goodies that my '93 doesn't have (my '93's cloth and poopy) I'm pretty sure I'll change my tune about the 80-series. If I do in fact like the LX I'll outfit it. If not, I'll sell it ASAP and snag a 2nd 100 instead.

LX only rides nicer because of softer spring rates. Once you swap to OME or whatever, it now rides identical to a similar Cruiser. I owned both a `94 (still have it) and a pristine `97 Collector's Edition (also locked, 70K miles, no cracks in the leather!). IMHO, there was not a single iota of difference in ride quality when both were stock.

My $0.02,

I think that is a heck of a price. If it is in as good of shape as it sounds like...jump on the deal. You know better than anyone else if you've seen it first hand.
I sold my '88 62 series for $11k and I would not take less than $15k for my 80. It is in pristine condition. I wish now that I would have kept the '88 as well. I can't see ever getting rid of the 93. I need to start a stable. FJ40,55,60-62 and the 80. The 100's lack the distinctive styling of its ancestors but maybe they will look good in 10 or 20 years.

I jsut can not come up wtih the right words on how this make me feeeeeeel. You shotts in a lexus. Now with the fleet you have it will be fun to see which one you take to Moab next year. robbie

Shottz what to say.....what to say......

Oh I know....................... :flipoff2:

powderpig said:
I jsut can not come up wtih the right words on how this make me feeeeeeel. You shotts in a lexus. Now with the fleet you have it will be fun to see which one you take to Moab next year. robbie

I figured you'd love hearing this Robbie. Others in my AZ club will faint when they find out "Shotts bought another 80 instead of another 100".

Any how, I pick this up tonight. It'll be nice to have 2 really nice Cruisers. :D

ShottsUZJ100 said:
... "Shotts bought another 80 instead of another 100".

Any how, I pick this up tonight. It'll be nice to have 2 really nice Cruisers. :D
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:flipoff2:

NorCalDoug said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:flipoff2:

Sorry Doug. We're LX BROTHERS now. :D

There MIGHT be hope though. You can pray I don't like it. If I don't, I'll sell it ASAP and opt for a 2nd 100 as my extreme rig. So again, there's hope, but I think it's REAL SLIM! I think I'll LUV this thing!

Have a good one, BROTHER!

ShottsUZJ100 said:
The prob with the '93 was the seat was so low. I'm 6' and my knees were to the sky and I had no back or leg support. I was beat before I hit the trailhead!

I'm sure the LX will have electric seats, which will have less leg room than the cloth ones in that 93. But I can help :cool:

landtank said:
I'm sure the LX will have electric seats, which will have less leg room than the cloth ones in that 93. But I can help :cool:
No, no, no...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't listen to Rick. He can't help. You'll be stuck with a crappy sitting position -- no leg room...nasty fake wood...who wants thin leather? The DS rear slider window doesn't slide. Plastic crap all over the place? Bah. Don't do it John. You deserve better...

Do the 100. It's really more your style.

Doug - You two will be like an oreo cookie parked next to each other :)

John - and you need what Rick's sellin ;)

Got the LX last night. Driving home from Phoenix my first thoughts were:

"This thing rides closer to the 100 than it does my '93."

While it's no 100 it sure seems like a really nice truck. My '93 isn't even close. It must be because it's a cloth seat, no sliding window, base model with no insulation?

A couple of initial questions if I may:

1. It has the chrome wheels though he has 3 of the center caps in the truck because he says they keep falling off? :confused:

2. The center console doesn't stay down. I'm guessing I can trim the latch stop which will make the latch go further down/back into the notch so it'll stay closed.

3. Going 65-75 it seems to pitch (sway) easily. I'm guessing this is soft shocks/swaybars? When parked you can barely touch the thing and it'll rock.

Other than that it looks like it's on good shape. Engine clean, no leaks, it'll be shame to ruin the paint but here goes. :D

OH, ONE LAST THING? I think from other threads that I should drail and refill the trans fluid rather than do a "flush" and "pan cleaning"?

THANKS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom