I'm buying this Lexus LX450: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FYI, the LX seat seem to be ALOT more confortable than the cruisers.. comparing mine to wifes 95....of course it could be the pink panties.

Ditch the caps, will look better especially after ya get the OME on (850J's and 863's).

informationjunky said:
FYI, the LX seat seem to be ALOT more confortable than the cruisers.. comparing mine to wifes 95....of course it could be the pink panties.

Ditch the caps, will look better especially after ya get the OME on (850J's and 863's).

I'm comparing to MY '93. Cloth seats and no adjustability. If I had a typical leathered Cruiser I'm sure I'd luv them too. The cloth ones are poooopy unless you're SHORT!

ShottsUZJ100 said:
I'm a BFG guy. Oh oh, there goes my brother! :D

Are the MTR's much quieter than the MT KM's? I've heard no, not much.
IMHO, yes, quieter.

but what's that matter? you now have more sound proofing than in your 93 and a bumpin' stereo. :D

Here is my take on the 6". I love it and am very glad I didn't wimp out on something smaller. The spring rate on the lift is perfect, it pretty much cures the on road swaying you were talking about. Also you have a large option of tires to run. With my set up I can still fit in 6'8" garages including my 7" garage, and at least in my area there are very few parking garages that I can't get into. It also just look right!! And like Christo said to do the 4" right it costs the same as the 6". When I went with mine I kept seeing people that went with 2.5" then J's then J's with spacers then the 6". So I just started with 6 and love it, even my reluctant wife loves it now.

get the 6"!!!

clarkrw3 said:
When I went with mine I kept seeing people that went with 2.5" then J's then J's with spacers then the 6".

Yeah, I'm one of those.

I think I'm confused. Is John going to trick this one out? Then what's he going to do with the `93?

Also, didn't realize he had the cloth seats.

IMHO he should dump the LX and Taco, do a diesel conversion on the `93, and then buy a BMW E36 or E46 M3 for "on-road" driving. Gotta have some variety, not just all ungainly trucks in the stable...

and then buy a BMW E36 or E46 M3 for "on-road" driving. Gotta have some variety, not just all ungainly trucks in the stable...
That's why my other car is a e46 330ci (euro club sport)....modified. Best of both worlds!!!

ShottsUZJ100 said:
I'm comparing to MY '93. Cloth seats and no adjustability. If I had a typical leathered Cruiser I'm sure I'd luv them too. The cloth ones are poooopy unless you're SHORT!

I have cloth seats in mine, and have found them to be very comfortable, with more leg room than the adjusting leather seats others have. And I'm about 6'3". In my dad's 100, there is a lot more leg room than either one. I think you could be comparing apples and oranges again. I don't know how the seats in your LX, which do not go back as far because of the adjusting mechanism, give you more leg room, but you would know better than I would.

BHMCruiser said:
I don't know how the seats in your LX, which do not go back as far because of the adjusting mechanism, give you more leg room, but you would know better than I would.
The power seats have height adjustment, so even though they may not go back as far, it makes a difference with leg room. I had cloth seats in my 93 and they were very comortable for me and I'm pretty tall, 5'6" ;p :grinpimp:

Landtank sent me his solution to the seat not going back far enough- I can't wait to install them- Thanks Rick!

NorCalDoug said:
IMHO, yes, quieter.

but what's that matter? you now have more sound proofing than in your 93 and a bumpin' stereo. :D

Hmmm, good point. I'm sure if I had MT's on my 100 they'd bother me little. Hmmmmm. :confused:

clarkrw3 said:
Here is my take on the 6". I love it and am very glad I didn't wimp out on something smaller. The spring rate on the lift is perfect, it pretty much cures the on road swaying you were talking about. Also you have a large option of tires to run. With my set up I can still fit in 6'8" garages including my 7" garage, and at least in my area there are very few parking garages that I can't get into. It also just look right!! And like Christo said to do the 4" right it costs the same as the 6". When I went with mine I kept seeing people that went with 2.5" then J's then J's with spacers then the 6". So I just started with 6 and love it, even my reluctant wife loves it now.

get the 6"!!!

Wow! 6" 35's and it fits in the garage! Do you have the factory roof rack?

dclee said:
Yeah, I'm one of those.

I think I'm confused. Is John going to trick this one out? Then what's he going to do with the `93?

***YEP! '93's going to the kids.

Also, didn't realize he had the cloth seats.

***Bought off eBay when I was an 80 idiot.

IMHO he should dump the LX and Taco, do a diesel conversion on the `93, and then buy a BMW E36 or E46 M3 for "on-road" driving. Gotta have some variety, not just all ungainly trucks in the stable...

Nope. The kids needed something. They're safe in the '93. I couldn't have provided them with anything safer. That left a void for us and another Cruiser's the only think that could fill it. :)

wow

ShottsUZJ100 said:

Not just the garage I would worry about, but what about parking garages? Mine is lifted 3" (I think, still figuring things out, only had it a month!) with 295's, and it barely fits in the garage and barely fits in parking garages. I took off the roof rack and Thule carrier or it would fit nowhere at all. I don't even think I would fit in the garage with the factory rack....at least I still have the J@@P to fit. :eek:

timmbuck2 said:
Not just the garage I would worry about, but what about parking garages? Mine is lifted 3" (I think, still figuring things out, only had it a month!) with 295's, and it barely fits in the garage and barely fits in parking garages. I took off the roof rack and Thule carrier or it would fit nowhere at all. I don't even think I would fit in the garage with the factory rack....at least I still have the J@@P to fit. :eek:

The LX will be a dedicated trail vehicle. My 100 gets some business use and yes, I do run into that downtown. The Taco works though! :)

47b5ce29b3127cce942887afb21b00000016108BZsmrlm4bq

No took off the worthless thing!!! wanted to make sure that I didn't have any rust up there. But now with the rear tire carrier I think it would fit even with the rack. It came down about another inch since that pic with settling and the slee bumper.

clarkrw3 said:
47b5ce29b3127cce942887afb21b00000016108BZsmrlm4bq

No took off the worthless thing!!! wanted to make sure that I didn't have any rust up there. But now with the rear tire carrier I think it would fit even with the rack. It came down about another inch since that pic with settling and the slee bumper.

Thanks for the pic. That'll be close for me. I'll have to measure. The LX will not be loaded. I'll be the same as the '93...cutting frames and fabbing mini bumpers. I won't be weighted down. Hmmmmm?

ShottsUZJ100 said:
Nope. The kids needed something. They're safe in the '93. I couldn't have provided them with anything safer. That left a void for us and another Cruiser's the only think that could fill it. :)

Not a bad idea, although I'm not sure I totally agree. 1/2 of vehicle safety is the cocooning aspect (armor, mass, airbags, etc.). The 80 should be great in this respect. The other half is accident avoidance (emergency maneauvers, braking, handling in adverse weather, etc.). Here the 80 doesn't shine so much. If only it had TRAC... ;)

I guess if I were really honest with myself, I would never have gotten rid of our SAAB 9-5 Aero. Crash protection AND safe handling in a sweet looking package! :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom