Identify older water pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

73FJ40

After another night of rust removal!
SILVER Star
Threads
Does someone have an idea on the identity of the engine that this water pump would fit?

water pump 1.jpg

water pump 2.jpg

Last edited:
Pic?

If the inlet sticks straight out from the pump body rather than curving down toward the bottom of the radiator, it’s probably a f135 pump. I have a need for one of those.

@65swb45

Hey, hey, take it easy on the old guy. The pic's looked fine in the preview, but nada in the final post!!! :meh:

Yup, that’s an F135. Fits 66 and older.

Interested.

@65swb45

I picked up this pump in 1979 in Page, AZ from a fellow worker at Salt River Project Navajo Station, which he salvaged from his FJ40, shortly after he had his engine rebuilt and then threw a rod. He figured I could use them for spares on my '73 F155, but of course not.

It's been in a metal tool box every since, until a few days ago I was looking for some 'misplaced' parts.

Spins freely, tight shaft. PM me, I'd be willing to accept 'store credit' in return.

Here are a couple other pictures. You can still see some blue paint on the rotor, looking through the inlet:

water pump 4.jpg
water pump 3.jpg

@65swb45

I picked up this pump in 1979 in Page, AZ from a fellow worker at Salt River Project Navajo Station, which he salvaged from his FJ40, shortly after he had his engine rebuilt and then threw a rod. He figured I could use them for spares on my '73 F155, but of course not.

It's been in a metal tool box every since, until a few days ago I was looking for some 'misplaced' parts.

Spins freely, tight shaft. PM me, I'd be willing to accept 'store credit' in return.

Here are a couple other pictures. You can still see some blue paint on the rotor, looking through the inlet:

View attachment 1805704 View attachment 1805707

I have a clean spare for a ‘73 I could trade you, no problem.

@65swb45

picked up a spare water pump in the meantime...

How about two kick out vent pins, a 1973 fuel filter support bracket (bolts to the battery support at the frame) and the hacked accelerator pedal you mentioned back in Dec 2017.

i'd ship you the water pump on my nickel, you send me the aforementioned cheapest way? :hmm:

072d0b71-0513-4ca9-94ed-7d1339fa2a6f-jpeg.1594496

I’m not sure if I’ve tossed that pedal; you were/are a long time getting back on that offer.

Not sure if I have any vent pins either.

The filter brackets I have are all pre 72 for the bowl type, but should work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom