I bought an FJ25 and I love it..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

really great to see it being used as intended-that has always been the mindset on my build (which is far less desirable/original than yours) At the same time, I have to admit that I cringe a little to see that rare beauty on what appears to be fairly challenging trails.

really great to see it being used as intended-that has always been the mindset on my build (which is far less desirable/original than yours) At the same time, I have to admit that I cringe a little to see that rare beauty on what appears to be fairly challenging trails.
I though it was important for it to go out and not just be a trailered truck to a show. I have no problems with people trailering stuff.....I completely get it. I really wanted to see what it would do and get some time out there with it. Most people there had never seen a 25 in the flesh....so that was fun to show it off. Having a truck that people can touch, sit in, lean on, whatever is really nice.....no worries about scratches :)

It did great on the trails. It had rained on Saturday AM for a little bit so it was kind of slick on on the wet clay but the trails we went on were pretty easy. Had a great trail guide that made it fun. Next year we'll do the harder stuff I think......I want to do new tires with better traction and have a look at the brakes to see what we can do to get them a little tighter. And of course red seats :)

I though it was important for it to go out and not just be a trailered truck to a show. I have no problems with people trailering stuff.....I completely get it. I really wanted to see what it would do and get some time out there with it. Most people there had never seen a 25 in the flesh....so that was fun to show it off. Having a truck that people can touch, sit in, lean on, whatever is really nice.....no worries about scratches :)

It did great on the trails. It had rained on Saturday AM for a little bit so it was kind of slick on on the wet clay but the trails we went on were pretty easy. Had a great trail guide that made it fun. Next year we'll do the harder stuff I think......I want to do new tires with better traction and have a look at the brakes to see what we can do to get them a little tighter. And of course red seats :)
Brakes Probably need adjustment. They're manually adjusted.

Brakes Probably need adjustment. They're manually adjusted.
It was on my list of things to do before we left and we never did got around to it. Safety first :)

They stop the truck, just not very confidence inspiring. It's tough to see in the pics on the rocks how steep that area was....fortunately with the low 1st gear it didn't need a ton of brakes coming down most of the stuff.

You don't happen to have a PTO gearbox stashed away up there do you? :)

It was on my list of things to do before we left and we never did got around to it. Safety first :)

They stop the truck, just not very confidence inspiring. It's tough to see in the pics on the rocks how steep that area was....fortunately with the low 1st gear it didn't need a ton of brakes coming down most of the stuff.

You don't happen to have a PTO gearbox stashed away up there do you? :)
Lol. Hens tooth . She already has enough of those. I had an fj40 winch on front for show at one point but no pto box. I know where one is that you might be able to use to reproduce one...
That truck wheels better than any other stock truck that I've driven. I definitely had it in places that I had no business being in.

Your truck looks much better on the trail with mud on it than it does in a Starbuck's parking lot.

Lol. Hens tooth . She already has enough of those. I had an fj40 winch on front for show at one point but no pto box. I know where one is that you might be able to use to reproduce one...
That truck wheels better than any other stock truck that I've driven. I definitely had it in places that I had no business being in.
Yeah.....kind of figured a PTO box isn’t going to be something that’s going to be easy to find. I have a winch in my stash off of a 71 that I might pop on the front. We’ll see. Wonder how different the 40 and 25 boxes are?

It was mighty impressive going up the areas we took it....just kind of did it’s thing with no drama. I was behind it and it was fun to watch....such a little truck compared to the the newer trucks we were with. Everyone was kind of worried about if it would make it, if it was going to be too difficult and I kept thinking that these things went places where NOTHING went.....day in, day out. It’s a Land Cruiser after all.....the original Land Cruiser :)

Your truck looks much better on the trail with mud on it than it does in a Starbuck's parking lot.
Agreed. I was so proud of the mud being on it. Maybe we’ll just drag it all around the country for off-road fun :)

Yeah.....kind of figured a PTO box isn’t going to be something that’s going to be easy to find. I have a winch in my stash off of a 71 that I might pop on the front. We’ll see. Wonder how different the 40 and 25 boxes are?
Here are some photos for reference. The FJ25 one is completely different. Last one is a stolen photo of a FJ40 version
IMG_1621.JPG
IMG_1622.JPG
IMG_1623.JPG
IMG_1625.JPG
BJ40.JPG

We trailered the little 25 up to NC for the 2023 Relic Run held by the guys with ONSC.......what a great event and group of people. The 25 was a big hit, even winning an award for 'oldest relic'. Got to get her out and flex the springs a bit. Truck did great. We'll have to make this an annual outing.
View attachment 3307068View attachment 3307069View attachment 3307070View attachment 3307071View attachment 3307074
I want to go to the relic run next year with my 64 fj40 next year. I had a good reason for not going this year as it was being held on my wedding day. The fj40 was my get away car though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom