I bought an FJ25 and I love it..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drooling.. drive it up to Orlando for the grand opening party in October? :cool:
I would need about a week of recovery if I drove the 25 that far. Lol. You've got a much better chance of seeing a 79 there 👍

I see your hood goes to the right a bit too
It could use some adjusting for sure....pretty good for a truck made in the 50s though :)

Reverse one of the hinges. I put them both the same way to easily remove the hood but it does walk a little.
Will do....thanks for the tip.

Well I wish I had a more interesting update to this old truck. We built a battery tray for it :)

The one it had in it was pretty jacked up...some kind of plastic bin bolted to the supports hanging off the frame that were horribly bent. Certainly more secure now. No idea what the stock one looks like or should look like...never even had a look.

I have a young guy in the shop that does really well with fab work so I'm kind of letting him off the leash to do things on his own without too much of me getting involved. I'll give him some pointers but for the most part, I'm just letting him run with it. Doesn't get it right all the time but that's how we learn.

20220201_173824.jpeg

20220202_131130.jpg
20220202_131025.jpg
20220202_154553.jpg
20220202_155551.jpg

I'm going to try and get it out of the shop this week so we can start driving it a bit. Kind of feel like I want to fix the radio in the dash.....as in, get rid of it.

I'd like to put red seats in it too :)

Blew the dust off the old girl and got her out in the sunshine with some of her buddies for a few family photos :)

We have been super side tracked with other projects so the 25 is on hold for a bit. Ran her around the block.....and forgot how crude this little rig is....crude but so cool all at the same time. Any options for an easier clutch on them?

20220608_104353.jpg
20220608_104339.jpg

I’ve been in early seat wonderland for too long chasing the OEM design for my ‘63 45, so just noticed in your early parts pic that I think that spring assembly is for the 25 driver‘s seat, it would have been incorporated in the seat cover along with a horsehair blanket of sorts. Do you know if the recover job replaced that with just foam or such?

Love this rig!

I’ve been in early seat wonderland for too long chasing the OEM design for my ‘63 45, so just noticed in your early parts pic that I think that spring assembly is for the 25 driver‘s seat, it would have been incorporated in the seat cover along with a horsehair blanket of sorts. Do you know if the recover job replaced that with just foam or such?

Love this rig!
My seats have foam and wood base in them......they feel really good. Probably better than the spring seats ever did. All my old dogs have springs in the seats....I like these more I think.

I've got a 62 FJ40 that has the original seats in it....maybe the same as the 25....need to take a better look at them. They're ancient looking.

This is the 63's seats....early truck....62 production date. Guessing that the material is original still....looks a little coral on areas where it was folded over and out of the elements.
P5097642.JPG
P5107714.JPG
P9029018.JPG

Sure looks the same as the 25. Eventually I will change these out for the red seats....still thinking I may make a bench rear seat for this truck. A giant time consuming project I don't need on my plate but it seems like it would be pretty fun to make.
20210805_180319_1.jpg

Great info! Thanks. 😃

We trailered the little 25 up to NC for the 2023 Relic Run held by the guys with ONSC.......what a great event and group of people. The 25 was a big hit, even winning an award for 'oldest relic'. Got to get her out and flex the springs a bit. Truck did great. We'll have to make this an annual outing.
20230422_122659.jpg
20230422_124101_1.jpg
20230422_125830.jpg
20230422_163223_1.jpg
20230424_081359.jpg

Quite a wide spectrum of Land Cruisers in our little fleet :)

20230420_120657_1.jpg

20230421_085728.jpg

20230421_085835.jpg

Headed to the trails
20230422_111618.jpg

20230422_123544.jpg

After spending some time with the 25 this weekend.....I think I'm going to do a few things to it.

1. Work on blasting off the green paint. Everyone thinks it's either an army Jeep or it's a Japanese military vehicle. I'd rather have more patina than green.
2. Red seat covers
3. Modify rear bench seats to look like what should be in there with the higher side rails/handles
4. Install PTO winch.....I have the winch....anyone have a spare 25 PTO gear box laying around?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Outstanding looking truck and looks like a great event!👍

I see you won a trophy…did the 25 win anything?? Just kidding…kool.

IMG_6375.png

After spending some time with the 25 this weekend.....I think I'm going to do a few things to it.

1. Work on blasting off the green paint. Everyone thinks it's either an army Jeep or it's a Japanese military vehicle. I'd rather have more patina than green.
2. Red seat covers
3. Modify rear bench seats to look like what should be in there with the higher side rails/handles
4. Install PTO winch.....I have the winch....anyone have a spare 25 PTO gear box laying around?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Man, I love the green FWIW. Such a cool looking truck. Great to see it out getting used.

2. Red seat covers
Awesome photos! Good to see her out there flexing,

You’ll probably be looking a long while for a PTO gearbox! They’re pretty darn rare

Man, I love the green FWIW. Such a cool looking truck. Great to see it out getting used.
The green is OK but it's not my style. I figure I'll make some changes....if the next caretaker wants it back to green, it's only a few cans of olive drab away. :)

I figure the PTO gearbox is a pipe dream but who knows.

20230422_122432.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom