How-To: TechStream In 5 Minutes (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't know, I don't have the instructions you are following in front of me. I'd suggest you just follow the instructions.

Does anyone know which VB build works on MacOS Catalina? I've tried downloading the most recent (I think 6.0.24 or something like that) but I keep getting an Installation Failed notice when I try and install it.

Does anyone know which VB build works on MacOS Catalina? I've tried downloading the most recent (I think 6.0.24 or something like that) but I keep getting an Installation Failed notice when I try and install it.

Yeah I just had this problem. What worked for me was to allow downloads from outside sources. Should be:

System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Allow apps downloaded from outside sources

Yeah I just had this problem. What worked for me was to allow downloads from outside sources. Should be:

System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Allow apps downloaded from outside sources
I will give that a shot. Thanks!

-Edit: Still won't work. I went to System Preferences->General->Allow downloads from App Store and identified developers

Then it actually said download from Oracle was blocked, do you want to allow. I did that and tried to reinstall it with the Firewall down, and I still got the error. Somewhat annoying...

Last edited:
Customization is gone from V14+ IIRC on the 460
So Version 14 and above cannot modify values on the 460? Sorry I don't know what IIRC means.
Basically i installed techstream(Ver 15.00.26) and got it communicating but it's missing the Utility/configuration button. I'm just wondering if the Version(15) is my issue. I'm also using it for a 460.

Negative... never got a response from them.
I asked a question via email & Facebook back in August and haven’t gotten any respond either. They’ve had very poor reviews in the past year or two. I don’t recommend buying anything from them

For anyone who is getting the prompt for a key and Techstream not accepting it even though it seems like all other measure have been taken and tested. I had the VM running and Techstream starting fine and the MVCI driver utility showing my USB to Serial adaptor as "Connected" but still could not get past the key registration prompt. There is a registration period associated to the software startup. I don't know what the end and start times are for the registration, but they need to be somewhere near accurate, or at least after some certain date. The PC I was using had a dead CMOS battery so the clock was set to 2008 even in the VM. I manually set the clock to the current date and restarted Techstream and this resolved all my issues. If you have an working version this will be obvious because in the bottom left corner of the main menu for Techstream, there is a timer that shows when the registration will expire in days/hours. When my system clock was wrong, it did not shows this expiration timer.

Sorry... :) If I Remember Correctly version that utility menu went away was on v14 and later.

Older versions here
Thanks! I'm using Version 15.3.026 and i can't see the TPMS option. The new (hacked)version came with the OBD cable. Pisses me off because i bought the cable so i can work on the TPMS sensors and it doesn't seem like i can do what i intended

Just FYI - I bought the cheap OBD dongle from washinglee on Amazon, followed the instructions for installing the drivers/software, but did have to manually update the drivers through device manager. 10 minutes later it's working perfectly in 64bit mode. I didn't even mess with trying the 32bit method. After reading through this thread, I was expecting some hassle, but it fired right up with minimal effort.

Has anyone successfully used this virtual box image (winxp running on win10) with a bluetooth adapter (like Carista, etc)? Dongle works fine (using other obdii apps) in win10, outside virtual box, but I can't figure out how to pass it through to the virtual box instance, let alone winxp.

Twelve years ago it was a "won't fix" bug by Oracle. Any chance anyone's found this no longer the case?

Last edited:
Hey the cord for that techstream link is sold out...: Amazon product ASIN B06XGB714M
Any ideas as to another option that will work well? I don't want to buy the wrong one.

Hey the cord for that techstream link is sold out...: Amazon product ASIN B06XGB714M
Any ideas as to another option that will work well? I don't want to buy the wrong one.
Bump. Just checking if anyone knows a good option for another reader? I'm hoping to not buy an incompatible one :D

Bump. Just checking if anyone knows a good option for another reader? I'm hoping to not buy an incompatible one :D
Pretty much any of the ones you find on eBay or Amazon will work just fine. You can go a little more expensive if you want to with someone like OBDInnovations, but that is not absolutely necessary.

Note that there are only a couple guys that have been able to get the bluetooth modules to work adequately with the TIS software, so best bet is to get a cabled version. And as for cable firmware v.1.4 vs. v.2.x don't really worry about that. From what I could find, which was minimal, it only looked like the difference was the ability to connect with newer (2015+) vehicles for v.2.x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom