How-To: TechStream In 5 Minutes (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh NO, please help!!!!!!! I had this up an running easily about a month ago. I tried to open it today to reprogram TPMS and now the techstream won't open from the virtual box. What can I do to fix this?

Starting with an easy thing to try:

There have been times when I have not been able to open Techstream by double-clicking on the desktop icon. However, it has launched when right-clicking the desktop icon, and clicking "Open" in the context menu.

I can speculate about why that happens, but suffice it to say that that has worked for me in the past.

I got it working again but I can't program TPMS? Does anyone know how? I input the registration ID for each transmitter but the signal is not working to them. When I try to do the signal test, I get this error code: 0x91020324

Getting Techstream up and running can be a bit of a pain. Hopefully this helps someone get started quickly.

Step 1: Purchase an OBD-II interface. One option:
- Amazon product ASIN B06XGB714M ($20, Prime)

Step 2: Download VirtualBox for Your Operating System:
- Windows: http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/5.2.4/VirtualBox-5.2.4-119785-Win.exe
- MacOS: http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/5.2.4/VirtualBox-5.2.4-119785-OSX.dmg

Step 3: Install VirtualBox Software You Just Downloaded
- Windows: Double-Click downloaded file
- MacOS: Double-Click downloaded file, run installer

Step 4: Download TechStream Image:
- MEGA (V2! Click to download)

Step 5: Double-Click downloaded file.

Connect & Enjoy.

:santa:

-g

Edit (4/8/18): I removed the more expensive cable, as I received a new Mini-VCI cable that works 100% at 1/4 the cost.
Any chance you have a v box image for 12.10.019? The utility button is missing on the newest version for 2011 gx460.

Update:

Now working! This software is good I even changed my remote locking from double click to open all doors now to just one convenient click on the fob all doors open. Thanks mudders!

Using the virtualbox OVA in the first post to get it up and running with Techstream 12.20.024.
I then acquired the latest version 14.10.028 and performed the upgrade. Copied the main menu application from the extras folder into the C:\Program Files\Toyota Diagnostics\Techstream\bin folder and now have the latest version working ;)
Probably wont change/add anything for our older model 100's but good for folks who own newer models, aka my wife's 2018 RAV4.

1564004080045.png

Apologies if this has been brought up in previous posts but I only went a few pages back.

I need some help. When I first installed techstream about 5 months ago I was able to read the ahc pressures. Today I'm not so lucky. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything. Here's my issue:

When I use the xhorse firmware update tool I can see my cable is connected and is model mvci-hc.

Techstream connects to my vehicle and pulls in the vehicle info. When I run the health check, many of the ecus are not communicating - including the ahc one which I need to read/adjust the pressures. Any advice??
Screenshot_20190805-194304_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190805-194310_Gallery.jpg

Car is running?

Yes car is running. I can access the Engine and ECT ECU just fine and read all the data since it does not have the "*" by the ECU indicating it is not communicating. I did order another cable last night to see if something happened to it. I will report back when I test it out after I receive it.

Received a new cable today and it still will not connect to the AHC ecu. Now when I connect to techstream some of the buttons on the left pane are missing, like health check. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything and no success. Any other things I should be looking into? I've had this working before on this computer so I figure it SHOULD work again.
20190807_192451.jpg

I read somewhere recently that you may have to clear some error or data on other ECUs before it will access them all.

This thread has been extremely helpful. Turning off the stupid auto-telescoping feature on the steering wheel and turning off the DRL was worth $30 for the cable. Now I just have to get smart on this AHC system to see what's going on with my truck.

Edit: Got it figured out. My pressures do not look great.

N.png

Lo.png

Hi (N).png

Last edited:
I have the 12.20.024 it's working fine on my GX470 and Scion iQ. However, I want to program an additional remote key for the iQ and it's not supporting that feature. Do you guys know what version of techstream does? Also, since I'm using this virtual box on my MacBook pro, I'm not sure how to install an updated tech stream. I tried a newer version but it kept asking for a new registration key. Can anyone help?

Getting Techstream up and running can be a bit of a pain. Hopefully this helps someone get started quickly.

- Windows: http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/5.2.4/VirtualBox-5.2.4-119785-Win.exe
- MacOS: http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/5.2.4/VirtualBox-5.2.4-119785-OSX.dmg

Connect & Enjoy.

-g

Edit (4/8/18): I removed the more expensive cable, as I received a new Mini-VCI cable that works 100% at 1/4 the cost.

I know this is a question for a different forum but does anyone know if this will work with newer cars? I would like to turn off the seatbelt buzzers on a 2014 Lexus RX350. I downloaded the VM from this post and got the following cable.
LZLRUN Mini Vci Interface

Connect & Enjoy.

-g

FYI - the linked cable is now being sold for $27 on Amazon.

Will this cable work on a 2003 Land Cruiser?

I bought the $27 one and it works on my 2003 LX. It also worked on the 2014 RX350 I asked about earlier. Did that job yesterday.

I just received the $27 mini-VCI today and downloaded techstream. I'm using a windows surface pro 6 and initially it didn't link the first 3 times, then it finally linked up. I went straight to turning off the telescoping steering wheel and it worked great, although I wanted to just turn off the telescopic part and not the tilting part. I don't think there's an option to just turn one option off.

I have a 2007 LX and the option to roll all windows and sunroof open was already programmed. Is there a way to prevent the sunroof from opening along with all the windows while depressing the unlock button on the remote?

I will be checking the AHC system this coming weekend. This forum is awesome, I've learned so much already, and including retrofitting my headlights to mini H1. Big thanks to Luke to walked me through the entire process.

Hi all, not sure if maybe I missed it in prior responses but I cannot seem to access AHC info for my 2002. Please see below photo, I don’t seem to have a tab for AHC ECU under “system select” menu. Definitely have AHC, system works fine but just wanted to check on my neutral pressures.

Thanks in advance!

2FD5CD28-52A7-4976-9CE8-9B92F40EDD36.jpeg

Techstream thinks you have a Land cruiser look in the top left corner. You need to change the vehicle when you connect to vehicle and select Lexus lx470.

Thank you! I went through and redid this and now seem to have no rear or accumulator pressure reading. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom