How much is too much for a 100 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

25,000 USD?!?
I can barely find sub 200K for 25K ?

Where are you looking? you can find a sub 200 indeed for one for less than $25k. I guess it depends on the part of the country you are looking at as well.

I would ask what insurance give you in case you total it... I know it's weird, but this is probably correct evaluation.
I am also wouldn't be really concerned with 54 vs 154k miles. 254 is kind of too much IMO.
54 if real would indicate that truck was parked for long periods. No rust would indicate it was in dry (hot?)climate. This might indicate that all rubber pieces will need to be replaced (all hoses/bushings) and engine seals might start leaking as well. So, I would be very careful about it..

A vehicle you want to drive, and call an investment, if you ever find one let us know.

Save your money and find one that’s been loved and used for 20 years and 200k on it.

Well maintained LCs don’t have a mileage limit, but they will hit your wallet.

A vehicle you want to drive, and call an investment, if you ever find one let us know.

Save your money and find one that’s been loved and used for 20 years and 200k on it.

Well maintained LCs don’t have a mileage limit, but they will hit your wallet.
agreed , hit the wallet very hard …

Easiest tell for odometer fraud… pedals. No one swaps out brake pedals. And, if the rest is immaculat… it is not Odometer fraud. You cannot hide 100k.

As to the question, you’re talking close to one of a kind vehicle. So worth whatever the market will bear, and that is likely above $40k. To the right buyer… maybe $50k for that person who wants the retro, non-flashy cool at their 3rd house in Jackson Hole.

I paid blue book $11k for my 2000 model 14 years ago. Its got 250k on it now and i reasonably believe i could get 9 or so since its in excellent condition but its held value nicely imo. Never wrecked, no rust, southern, adult driven, stock, cream puff. But yea ive not passed up many gas stations.

not affiliated in any way other than location, thsi will probably sell pretty quickly in San Francisco area...

I have a similar story. 7 years ago, 2016, I purchased a mint, truly mint 2002 LX470 with 24K miles, black with beige interior.
It had major maintenance, new tires and came with a car cover, floor mat protectors, books, keys, etc. Paid $1,100 to have it transported to N.C. from California.
I justified the high price because I wanted it, because of all the testimonials I heard about the 100 series, and because there was no new vehicle or other car I wanted even at a higher price.
This LX470 is the best vehicle I have ever owned and other than Oil and Gas the only issues over 6 years was a MAP sensor. All I have done to it otherwise was install a trailer hitch, backup camera, and LED headlamp bulbs. Its been problem free.
It now has 69K miles and should last as long as I live or until gasoline is no longer available.
I think on BAT I could get more than I paid for it.

Your 2007 LX with 54K miles is an even better version of the legendary 100 series and I would think should be worth something around $40K to someone who knows the 100 series.

I will say I also purchased my son 5 years ago a 2004 Land Cruiser with 187K miles for $10.5K.
It currently has over 250K miles and seriously I think it drives and rides better than my 2002.
Over its 5 years we have done the Timing Belt, Steering Rack, Helicoiled a spark plug hole, and replaced the Starter Motor.

From my experience I think you can't go wrong with that low mileage LX and also you really can't go wrong with a well maintained high mileage one either.

Okay, $39,500, and tell the seller you'll treat him to pancakes once a month through 2024.

I would ask what insurance give you in case you total it... I know it's weird, but this is probably correct evaluation.
I am also wouldn't be really concerned with 54 vs 154k miles. 254 is kind of too much IMO.
54 if real would indicate that truck was parked for long periods. No rust would indicate it was in dry (hot?)climate. This might indicate that all rubber pieces will need to be replaced (all hoses/bushings) and engine seals might start leaking as well. So, I would be very careful about it..
^ This 100%
Low miles doesn’t alway equate to “you won’t have to do anything.” Most times it equates to, “get ready to change out every urethane and rubber product.” Highly unlikely that they were changing out those items at that low of a mileage. Could be totally wrong there, but maintenance records will show truths. I would rather buy a 200k+ clean rig than a super low mileage clean rig any day.

Trouble with low mileage pristine vehicles is that you can't mod them, can't take them into the rough stuff, can't rack up the miles because it will cost you big in resale.

Grab a high mileage cosmetically rough example that has been well maintained and drive the wheels off it instead
Exactly ! But would be nice to just purchase a vehicle with no intentions or thoughts of “resale value”

Trouble with low mileage pristine vehicles is that you can't mod them, can't take them into the rough stuff, can't rack up the miles because it will cost you big in resale.
My 59,000-mile '84 Pickup - with 3" lift, 33s, lockers, winch bumper, etc. - disagrees with this statement ;)

I have ZERO interest in preserving my cars and trucks for the next owner.

Last edited:
I met a guy selling a 2006 LX470 a few months ago. Met him at the airport at a hanger he owned. The LX was in great shape, but it had some bumps and bruises a 206k miles and regret not buying it. Anyway, he pulled up in a late model year pre facelift 200. Looked very nice. Well, we started shooting the breeze about land cruisers and I came to find out that he was ditching the 200 and the lx because he had bought a 30k mile 2007 Land Cruiser with AHC and single owner. Asked him what he was paying for such a thing, and he stated 45k. Only because he never fell in love with the 200 and loved his 100 so to him it was worth the price, and he justified that it was as close to buying a new 100 that he could find. He showed me pictures and it was pristine.

Last edited:
I'd guess he had unlimited coin.
Good for him. Enjoy the good stuff.

This right here! Everything rubber on my one-owner from Arizona was shot. Granted it had a lot more miles, but the heat is hard on that stuff, moving or not.

It seems like most low mileage vehicles whether it be a 2000-2004 Tacoma or a 1997 Land Cruiser or a 2013 Tacoma, or a 2007 Land Cruiser are ALL at 25-35K these days , so I guess if it comes down to spending the money anyways might as well pick what you see most fit , because you aren’t gonna save much more looking elsewhere unless you move to a 200+ mile rig.

I met a guy selling a 2006 LX470 a few months ago. Met him at the airport at a hanger he owned. The LX was in great shape, but it had some bumps and bruises a 206k miles and regret not buying it. Anyway, he pulled up in a late model year pre facelift 200. Looked very nice. Well, we started shooting the breeze about land cruisers and I came to find out that he was ditching the 200 and the lx because he had bought a 30k mile 2007 Land Cruiser with AHC and single owner. Asked him what he was paying for such a thing, and he stated 45k. Only because he never fell in love with the 200 and loved his 100 so to him it was worth the price, and he justified that it was as close to buying a new 100 that he could find. He showed me pictures and it was pristine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom