Horn on all the time (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I need some help with a horn on all the time issue. I'm brand new to this forum, and brand new to these cars. I just on a whim picked up an '04 Lx470.

The car I picked up is in good shape, but has a few electrical gremlins. The horn is on all the time, so the previous owner pulled the horn fuse. This car hasn't seen any rain at all in the last few weeks, and it came from a desert state, so I don't think its likely to be a wet relay.

Any ideas where to start diagnosing? I also have a possibly related driver door lock issue that I posted about here. Any pointers help! I dont event know how to find the horn relay on these cars despite looking online for the better part of half an hour...

This is not a rare problem. Check out this post and the linked threads:

This is not a rare problem. Check out this post and the linked threads:

Thanks for the link. I've checked the threads out there before posting. I am honestly not even sure where to find the horn relay on this car. I don't think its a wet relay issue as this car was bone dry in the driver footwell fuse box area when I opened it up last night.

Any chance this is related to that door lock issue I mentioned? Appreciate the help and sorry for the newbie responses.

Ah man I had this on my old 2000 LC. I had to pull the horn fuse and I drove without a horn for months. I ended up having a bunch of electrical issues in that LC because of a leaky windshield. I’m not sure if that was the cause of the horn, but my windshield leaking caused a lot of problems with that ol girl.

Whenever I've electrical gremlins, not from the common. Like fuse, relays, bad SW, loose connection. I look at aftermarket wiring, wiring patch work, and for signs of water entry both present and past.

Like @Trunk Monkey mentioned "corrosion". If a leak into cabin goes on, to long. It may result in oxidation on connection. These gremlin's due to oxidation/corrosion. Don't tend to come and go with water entry (rain, snow or car washing). They're constant. Clues to help find the point of short: Common point(s) in wiring of the multiple gremlins. Clues of where issue centered: Oxidation on any fuses in footwell junction boxes. These fuse, tend to be stuck and usually hard to pull out. They can indicate present of moisture overtime. Also wire contacts points. i.e. ground point and inside wire housing blocks.

You can get the wire diagram searching this forum. Go step by step, testing entire circuit, of each gremlin.

But by using clues, like oxidation of fuses. You may save time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom