Horn no longer works (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
holahonduras.net
OK, my latest issue - after having the alarm (horn) come on randomly, is no horn at all. The guy I took it to hasn't yet checked about random alarm yet, which I suspect is a bad sensor somewhere(?), but checked horn and said it was the button on the steering wheel. Finding a fix is quite expensive here so I'm considering a separate switch mounted on the wheel. Anyone have experience with that and/or have any suggestions? Ideally, the center button is still best, but a switch beside my thumb would work :)

It's common for a bad horn button to be cause by a bad spiral cable or clock spring. I'm suspecting my non-functioning horn may be caused by that. I just bought a replacement clock spring/spiral cable on ebay for $17. Looking at a tutorial, it seems like about an hour or so to replace it. I suspect my spiral cable is bad because the air bag warning light is on all the time and the air bag electrics also connect through the spiral cable.

It's common for a bad horn button to be cause by a bad spiral cable or clock spring. I'm suspecting my non-functioning horn may be caused by that. I just bought a replacement clock spring/spiral cable on ebay for $17. Looking at a tutorial, it seems like about an hour or so to replace it. I suspect my spiral cable is bad because the air bag warning light is on all the time and the air bag electrics also connect through the spiral cable.
Have you had a chance to install it yet? I ordered same on Ebay, but won't be here in Honduras for at least a month :-(

Have you had a chance to install it yet? I ordered same on Ebay, but won't be here in Honduras for at least a month :-(
I installed the spiral cable I bought on eBay this morning. Fixed the horn and cruise not working but air bag light is still on. Not sure if the air bag light needs to be reset or if it should automatically go off if the spiral cable solved the problem which was causing that light to come on.

I did need a steering wheel puller to get my wheel off despite the tutorials suggesting it would pull off fairly easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom