Hopefully a new owner! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome to the madness.

Let me know if you need a set of seatbelts, I have a good working set I pulled from mine when I deleted the back seat...

I was at 122K km on mine when I bought it; that's a pretty healthy amount over 33 years. It's enough to keep the seals fresh, but not enough to wear them out...so you don't necessarily have to look for a super-low-mileage model. As long as it's well-kept, you're in reasonably good shape. Just be patient and watch the ads; took me several years to find one that I wanted.

Thanks @2fpower , if I ever get to that point I’ll keep you in mind! Thanks @joekatana for the mileage info. I guess I want low but not too low depending on age. Very confusing. I hope people will continue giving me their thoughts on vehicles I post while on the search. Thanks again @Sundowner for the good advice as well. I’m in no rush.

what's your budget for this truck?

It’s a good question @fireball i was thinking around 40k CAD which is about 30k USD. That’s not a solid number. There is room to move if there is something worth it.

@OGBeno i think I’m slowly realizing that. When I say truck I mean a HZJ73 not a physical truck like the pickup truck version. I don’t know if that makes a difference but thought I should make it clear

$30k +/- should get you a decent rig….and being in Canada you only have 15yr import rules so you can import much newer than the US. So that means HZJ74 is importable in Canada.

HZJ74 is the same as an HZJ73, but you gain coil spring front end (better riding) high pinion front diff…but they might be out of the budget.

I always say just get the nicest cruiser you can afford. HZJ73 or HZJ74

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom