HELP W/ HEADLIGHT REPLACEMENT CHOICES, PLEASE! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Depo's + bi-xenon projector retrofit is legit.

I did quad, bi-xenon thinking (more light = more good) but I literally haven't used the bi-xenon's in the high beam location. It was a PITA to get them to fit (required cutting reflector and epoxy) and wasn't worth the effort. You can throw some bright ass halogens in there.

Retrofit Source usually does a Black Friday sale (I think it was like 20% off)

I just finished my depo + bi-xenon retrofit yesterday. The difference is truly incredible. I should have done it ages ago. I highly recommend it.
IMG_20231023_213924_639.jpg

Side note- ordered these from cars245 sunday night and surprisingly got them in today. Kinda regret ordering a grill that'd take forever to get in as well...
IMG_6239 copy.jpg

Side note- ordered these from cars245 sunday night and surprisingly got them in today. Kinda regret ordering a grill that'd take forever to get in as well...
View attachment 3465835
I ordered a set as well. My eBay DEPOs had a leaky DS and I’m sick of fighting it. I’m glad this thread came up with the links to cars245. Maybe I’ll see my new set tomorrow 😯

Depo are the only aftermarket option with glass lenses.

Cars245 is the cheapest source. They ship from Latvia. $130.82 plus shipping for the pair. I ordered a set of Depo taillights from them on 10/9 and as of today (10/22) they've left the Los Angeles distribution center.

If you want the best lighting possible, modify the Depo housings to fit Morimoto projectors. Plenty of threads about it here.
Latvia?
I was gonna check my suppliers in Absurdistan...

Latvia?
I was gonna check my suppliers in Absurdistan...
They’re legit. Mine came in on Monday and got put in same day. Bi-Xenon bulbs in the brights and now my headlights are back to good. They’re as bright as my bumper and roof LED bars now. Shipped from Latvia it was right at 200$. I’m still so disappointed with the eBay set I got that leaked right out of the box. 🫤

Mine just came in a few days ago and I am very happy with the quality.
They use H1 and H4 bulbs. Is everyone getting adaptors or just rewiring directly? If rewiring directly what is the best way?

Mine just came in a few days ago and I am very happy with the quality.
They use H1 and H4 bulbs. Is everyone getting adaptors or just rewiring directly? If rewiring directly what is the best way?
I got a harness from some place down south. It’s got relays and cost about 180$(in like 2017 $s). Prolly much easier and cheaper to just get 9005/6 to H1/4 adapters. Should be readily available and easy to find. They should honestly come with the DEPOs IMO.

View attachment 3465835Are these the ones Latvia? If so, the description said they didn’t come with bulb holders. Do you know if I would have to buy something else to make them work?

Ordered a set of custom projector headlights from Freedom, in Wisconsin.
Pricey ($1400), but he's throwing in a bag of cheese curds at no extra charge.

For all of you who have swapped headlights, please let me know if you all still have your OEM headlight assemblies. I had moisture in mine so I opened up the swivel, twist-in plastic caps that allow you to view the level of the headlight (2 per assembly) and one of them broke in half. I guess they had baked in the sun for too long. Anyway, per CDan, they aren't available any more. So I'm hoping someone might still have the OEM headlights laying around so I can grab the 4 plastic caps/lenses and use them in my OEM headlights. If so, please DM me. Thanks!

Good luck -- the OEMs are very scarce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom