Need headlight help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1994 us spec 80

I started another thread talking about a bad headlight harness but I know now that it isn’t factory. I have 9003 and h1 bulbs installed in my 80. I tired replacing them with the 9005 and 9006 when my hi beams went out.

There is no push and turn mechanism it is a metal clip thingy on the back holding them in.

Could the previous owner modified them?

Pics would be a huge help so that we can see exactly what you're talking about. The harness connectors and the back of the housing where the bulbs insert would be a good start snapping.

9003 and H1 bulbs use a totally different mount and connector than 9005 and 9006, from what I remember. There's a chance that you might just have adapters plugged into the factory harness connectors - I'm not sure if such a thing exists but I'd wager it's possible. But then there's the question of how the bulbs mount into the housing, which it sounds like you're asking about in post #1. There are plenty of threads about something called Depo Headlights that people have installed in 80's to replace their original housings and bulbs in the quest for better light output. Perhaps that's what you have. Somebody who actually knows what they're talking about, or at least has read those threads, will be along at some point to offer input on the matter. Maybe give a quick search on "Depo" and see if anything visually matches what you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom