HELP!! Downey header installation QUESTION!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need help!! 78 FJ40 2F...Am trying to bolt up the header and intake manifold to the head..problem is, the bottom "bosses" on the intake manifold... where the two lower manifold bolts secure both the header and the intake.. are TOO LONG. They conflict with the header face plate, so wont allow the bottom of the intake manifold to fit tight against the head. The face plate of the header looks to be designed to allow these bosses to fit, as they should, but they dont. Looks to me that the options are to 1) notch the header plate to accomodate the intake mounting points, or 2) (easier) trim off about an 8th of an inch of the 2 lower bolt bosses on the intake...As usual, I am probably missing something obvious here. Not going further til I here from you guys. All that I have read suggests that Downey headers usually fit fine...Quick response are VERY appreciated!! Thanks, Rob

Well I went ahead and dremeled off about 1/4 inch of the intake manifold mounting bosses. Fits like a glove!! Thanks.. Rob

hindsight is 20/20, but you should have modified the header not the manifold.

i've had 3 of these headers(just put the 3rd on this weekend) and they have all fit fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom