Headliner Opinions Needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sterling

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a top that I coated both sides with this
top cap can.jpg

Pic of inside
FJ$) headliner_HDR.jpg

Sorry for the large pics.
Please tell me any experiences with no liner vs. headliner installed.
Mainly noise reduction, ease of installation, and a vendor you would recommend.

Muchas gracias

I used Cruiser Corps. Was pleased with it. Can’t say if it reduced noise as I didn’t drive it pre-headliner. I had the cap separated from rest of the top and installed with cap upside down so it was easier (in my lining room…)

I used Cruiser Corps. Was pleased with it. Can’t say if it reduced noise as I didn’t drive it pre-headliner. I had the cap separated from rest of the top and installed with cap upside down so it was easier (in my lining room…)
Thank you sir for the input. I need a new 40 project and am curious to know the benefits if any.

I have Cruiser Corp. It worked pretty well. If I were to do it again I think I would pay a little more for the CCOT supposed fitted one.

I've never had one on mine and don't mind it. Probably never will since the top won't be coming off
My thoughts, would the tin can benefit from a headliner?
I like mine as is as well, bare. Thats what Im used to.

I have Cruiser Corp. It worked pretty well. If I were to do it again I think I would pay a little more for the CCOT supposed fitted one.
Thanks exactly the input I need on the vendor question!

I used the SOR headliner. It's an arts and crafts project. There's cutting and glueing (and some swearing) involved. Their liner has a visible seam that doesn't look bad, but it does exist. I think it'll have next to zero noticeable effect on noise reduction. It does, however, look better than no liner.

When my original headliner sagged and wouldn't stay glued up, I replaced it with (gray) marine carpet. Slight improvement in both insulation and noise reduction, but not a dramatic difference. But it's never sagged or fallen off.

IMG_1173 (1280x960).jpg

This is the company that installed my Cruiser Corps headliner in 2018 and I'm happy with their work.

SUPER UPHOLSTERY
4060 Nine McFarland Dr. Unit E
Alpharetta, GA 30004

Office#: 470-292-7892

IMG_9558.jpg

IMG_9559.jpg

Are you simply trying to reduce noise or replace a missing headliner?
Both, I have no headliner. I would like to reduce noise, it sounds like a tin can inside. But I do not mind.

When my original headliner sagged and wouldn't stay glued up, I replaced it with (gray) marine carpet. Slight improvement in both insulation and noise reduction, but not a dramatic difference. But it's never sagged or fallen off.
I did the same and it turned out well. Less than $50 project and no more ugly sags. I do notice a difference, both in noise reduction and heat retention so I consider this a good upgrade. Never really liked the pegboard look of the headliner anyway, plus white always gets filthy. Definitely not OEM but it works for me.

fotor_1650402742832.jpg

Both, I have no headliner. I would like to reduce noise, it sounds like a tin can inside. But I do not mind.

i didnt notice much of a change when i removed the headliner.... and i was slightly concerned about any possible increase in echoness factor.

i didnt notice much of a change when i removed the headliner.... and i was slightly concerned about any possible increase in echoness factor.
Thank you!
I may redo it in heavy topside paint both sides and call it done.
The headliner side absorbs all the marine paint= give em.

Probably not exactly what you’re looking for and definitely not it’s final version but I put Dynamat on the new one I recently purchased. Still deciding how to cover it but I can definitely tell a difference in noise from the old one - still a tin can though so don’t expect miraculous effects. Only took one box and had some left over. Happy to get some pictures inside with it installed but I think you get the idea.

99CF04F4-B793-47E5-A333-0502E428B287.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom