Headlights- post up your pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guess you missed the thread with the 7" round headlight conversion... Halogen, HID, LED.... Many options to choose from.

Headlight conversion 7” round

This may or may not be helpful since it doesn't show a comparison from stock bulbs, but this video shows the light output I have with my LED bulbs. Most of the video is with all of the lights on including the HIDs and light bars. But at roughly 0:57 - 1:03 the auxiliary lights are tuned off and just the LED headlights are on. Click to open video.
Lights by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Here are my retrofitted depos...
20181103_085601-1008x756.jpg

They look great! Did you get those from Amazon or eBay? I have a feeling they all come from the same place.
PO put them on. But they look exactly like the amazon ones above. They have an extra trim piece along the side, the fitment is spot on.

These look pretty nice. Has anyone here tried them?

View attachment 1872615
These look the same as the ones I have and I had trouble getting them adjusted properly. They are just a little too high and won’t adjust low enough. I’m sure there are multiple suppliers from China and some of them are better than others.

What brand are the 4x6's? I have a set but I want to put in LED projectors before I install; are you happy with the output?

Got mines on Amazon, but the seller whom I bought from ain't listing them anymore .. and I'm very happy with them ..

First offroad trip out in the LC had to drive back a few hours in driving rain at night. Stock light output was so poor I pulled over several times to relax my eyes (and nerves). Hit MUD as soon as I got home and found someone in the Forum who'd been converting Depos with HIDs. Combined those with a Slee harness and couldn't be happier no matter the weather - my LC has better lighting than my M5. Plus, it makes the LC look like a newer truck.

What's legal in the USA for headlight upgrades? Most LED and HID upgrades are not legal here in Australia.

What's legal in the USA for headlight upgrades? Most LED and HID upgrades are not legal here in Australia.

Define 'legal'

I think most upgrades/hid are not legal, but nobody cares or enforces it.
Laws are pretty fragmented to.

IIRC in WI I can add as many high beam lights as I want as long as they're +- 12in in height from the stock ones.

Canada has Canadian Standards Association but DOT for auto also applies. Main thing is not to be a wanker with ricer lights and have them aimed properly.

I’ve always wondered but never remembered to ask when I hit B.C. - does ICBC require a visual & emissions test like how Cali state has their CARB cert where you need to pass a visual & emissions test?

I know neither are as tough as say German TUV standards & how they approve cars for their citizens to run up & down the Autobahn, but never asked what the Canadian standards were.

It seems worth asking.

....does ICBC require a visual & emissions test like how Cali state has their CARB cert where you need to pass a visual & emissions test?

Depends on duration of your stay. If you're driving through you'll get pulled over for obvious offences - ie tires that stick out, uncovered offroad lights, etc. If you're planning on staying here for any duration (say, a year or more) then your vehicle has to be licensed and inspected in BC. This is my understanding so check with ICBC if you've got questions on moving here.

My experience is driving BC to Cali is that by keeping my ride clean and not driving like a douche law enforcement leaves me alone.

Except Seattle.

They l-o-v-e making money off Canadians with trumped up tickets :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom