Headlight conversion 7” round (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kelly saad

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Pardon the crappy prototype, bare metal photos. Anyway, bleen working on this for a while now. I began several years ago but never finished it. I decided to dedicate more time to the headlights, and less time to grilles this month. Still making some adjustments to the prototype but it’s 95% good at this point.

These are built from 12 and 16 gauge steel, and are bolt-on replacement headlight assemblies for the 80 series Land Cruiser, also I built the 100 series lights too. These will hold any 7” round bulb style, or at least most. Light projection test showed very very minimal interruption of the light beam due to the depth of the bucket. I will include a pigtail for typical bulb styles, or a pigtail that could be connected to so the vehicles wires don’t need to be cut. These conversions work with the factory turn signals. There is another version that will be designed to fit against one of my grilles that will have a straight line instead of the original look of wrapping the headlights. These headlights will work with the factory grille too. Also, I’m designing removable rock chip guards for the extended off road adventures.
BFB5993E-8797-4BF2-A9DA-8B6037819574.jpeg
9AF8D033-71EB-4F20-8A49-07A12A51C924.jpeg
C182B5C4-34AE-4E02-B284-EAE6731B1256.jpeg

Last edited:
I like where this is going.

Interesting. Any photos with a light in there yet? Will there be a way to adjust the light beam?

And any room to fit a flush mount LED pod in there?

Nice work :cheers:

Man....some Trucklites would look amaaaazing in there.

Fully adjustable headlight bucket just like any vehicle. There is room for additions on the surface area around the opening, its just empty behind. Looks like crapo in the pics without the light. Im trying to get some better pics tonight. Lots of work on these, lots of work.:eek:

rad Kelly, I really want to see these painted black with lights in them.

Guys, Kelly has put a ton of work into these. I expect the fit and finish to be the excellent similar to his grilles.

Noah

This is not for ramming it is only for holding a 7" light. lol. A JW Speaker, LED headlight only weighs 2lbs.

This is awesome! Is the area above the headlight and below the hood too small? I guess it's the only real option as it looks like the 7" takes up a lot of vertical space on the template? Don't see any 6" options but there looks like some 5.75" lights are available. View attachment 1622102

5.75 Inch Projector Headlights With Halo - Chevelle, Imapala, GTO,

This is awesome! Is the area above the headlight and below the hood too small? I guess it's the only real option as it looks like the 7" takes up a lot of vertical space on the template? Don't see any 6" options but there looks like some 5.75" lights are available. View attachment 1622102

5.75 Inch Projector Headlights With Halo - Chevelle, Imapala, GTO,
This is not for ramming it is only for holding a 7" light. lol. A JW Speaker, LED headlight only weighs 2lbs.
This construction is extremely solid. I agree, that top and bottom look thin, but its 12 ga steel welded to the frame directly behind it, its really strong. I could build it for smaller lights, I just heard so much talk about the 7" lights so that was what I used. Plus, the options for 7" are plentiful.

Thanks for the input!

So is this just the headlight door or is it also the bucket that holds the light? I was assuming the headlight bucket from an early pickup would be behind it, mounted to the core support.

guessing this will couple with your grill. package would be awesome.

Mind taking a shot further away? I'd love to see how the whole front end looks with these installed.

Did you consider a pair of 4x6's per side a la the factory quad headlight setup? IMO there might be a larger market for that, I like what you have here though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom