Head Gasket DVD done! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I'll be doing a run of the Head Gasket DVD - it's finished and I'll be taking orders effective immediately. The DVD is $24.50 including postage to anywhere in the US - email me for other destinations (dmiller@fliptag.com).

It includes footage of the removal and replacement, including the time savers I found and other tips (leaving the intake manifold in the engine bay, etc) and is about 45 minutes long. It also includes a couple further refinements I discovered on the 2nd go around as well as:

- a complete tool list so you'll have everything on hand to do it.
- a complete part list and suggestions for easy additional PM things.
- a couple minutes of bonus footage from 1993 when I worked for Toyota Product Planning showing the first 80 prototype in the US on a trail with the then-new 93 model with lockers.

It's worth noting that you'll also be able to see how to remove literally everything else if you'd like to save money and service/clean the EGR valve, fuel injectors, throttle body, valve cover/gasket, alternator, etc. So, this would be helpful for other minor items as well.

Checks to:

Doug Miller/PMB217
2900 N. Government Way
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814

PAYPAL: dmiller@fliptag.com

Include your return address in all correspondence.

Order in the next week or so and I'll get it to you in time to sit back and drink eggnog while watching it over Christmas.

Moderators - hope you can leave this 80s Tech specific item on till Friday and then move it to wherever you put this stuff. Thanks!!

DougM

Last edited:
Thanks Doug,

Sounds as if you put a lot of effort into it. I'll be ordering soon!

Fantastic Doug!

Snail mail only or do you have a paypal account?

Either way...I'm getting one.

:cheers:

Awesome! Do you think a one :banana: guy could do it with this DVD?

A must have for any do-it-yourself mechanic. I'll break down and get one eventually.

Any DVDs on how to swap a Chebby 350 for a 3FE yet?

Updated for PayPal - thanks Doug.

As for how many bananas, hard to say. The most technical aspect of it is cleaning the old head gasket off the block and head which is really - well - just cleaning. Other than that it's taking a whole bunch of nuts and bolts loose, then putting them back on. You don't even have to clean the head if you bring it to a shop for a valve job and/or milling.

BTW - the 80 prototype footage is no big deal, just shows both going on a steep/loose trail and the older model slipping and stopping while the locked model walks it. Put it in there 'cause you guys are 80 freaks...

DougM

Doug you have paypal

Thanks

You couldn't just make it $25 dollars could ya! :rolleyes:
I'll order one next week by paypal :)

Thanks Doug, you da man!
I'll be sending paypal to ya.:cheers:

Cool,

Doug, Could you provide a description of vehcles/engines that this DVD is pertinenet to?

PayPal sent. Thanks Doug!

-B-

stayalert said:
Doug, Could you provide a description of vehcles/engines that this DVD is pertinenet to?

You're joking, right? :rolleyes:

-B-

Beowulf said:
You're joking, right? :rolleyes:

-B-

yes:flipoff2: predominately. But wondering if there are differences worth noting from '93 > '94.

Doug, so you think I'll be able to use this dvd if I'm replacing my valve cover gasket?

What makes you so sure?

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom