Has anyone tried swapping the V6 motor and 6-speed trans from an FJ Cruiser into an FJ60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Basic physics dictates that the FJ60 will never be a vehicle with good gas mileage, and engine choice, except perhaps marginally for diesels, seems to matter. It comes down to trying to push an aerodynamically poor, heavy, brick through air.
ill be happy withthe reported 19-23mpg ...way better than my 11

ill be happy withthe reported 19-23mpg ...way better than my 11

It's possible. I'm sure I once broke 30 mpg. Long steep downhill, strong tailwind, coasting in neutral. I'm certain that for 15-20 seconds of that run my FJ60 was doing better than 30 mpg.

The searching I’ve done people with V8 swaps seem to be reporting as low as 10 mpg and as high as 19mpg. Mostly mud threads on swaps and a few about pages detailing swapped 60’s

I think the R2.8 trucks have been reporting mid to high 20’s and the 6 cyl diesels seem to be low to mid 20’s.

I average 15 mixed driving ... very very consistently. 5.3 4l60e 3.73 33x12.5. Best 19. Worst maybe 12-13

I have a 2007 FJ cruiser , 6 speed manual and she runs like a champ. Today as I drove into my office, I started thinking about putting an FJ V6 and 6 speed tranny in an FJ60. So I did a search here but didn't find anything.

Anyone know if this has been done? if there is a thread on it, please share.
Depends on how much you drive. A swap is going to run at least $10k if I do it all myself most likely closer to $15k. $15/$3 pg is 5000 gallons @14mpg I can drive 70,000 miles before I spend that amount in gas. But i have to buy gas for either setup. Im doubtful that the LS3 swap doubles my mileage. Maybe gets me to 20mpg?

So this is why I always say don’t do the math. Just do the swap because you want to. You’ll rarely ever be able to soundly rationalize the investment. 😉

i think : How to do i install a 1FZ-FE Conversion Properly in my FJ60" Like the FJ Cpmany ...........

my :

DSCN9587.JPG
dvigatel-toyota-1fz-fe-foto - Copy.jpg
Toyota_1FZ_FE.jpg

Last edited:
i think this thread should be re-titled : " Why NOT to blow your WAD on a experiment mod conversion , and How to do i install a 1FZ-FE Conversion Properly in my FJ60" Like the FJ Cpmany ...........

my :

View attachment 2817617View attachment 2817618View attachment 2817619
I appreciate your $.02! I also appreciate random s*** and putting a solid motor in another solid ride = random s*** I enjoy! I mean, the first LS swap was an "experiment" at the time! My 3-year old kid dropping in on a skateboard in a 6' pool was an experiment at age 3. Now that s*** is on the regular at age 4...crushing!!!

I appreciate your $.02! I also appreciate random s*** and putting a solid motor in another solid ride = random s*** I enjoy! I mean, the first LS swap was an "experiment" at the time! My 3-year old kid dropping in on a skateboard in a 6' pool was an experiment at age 3. Now that s*** is on the regular at age 4...crushing!!!

if you move on and start this build , ?

please start a BUILD thread , ill subscribe for sure

your right its totally random , if u think u can then follow your dreams and do it ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom