Hankook Tires, Are They this good? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've heard good things about them, especially on tow rigs. I would consider a set.

It's also cool to see the company represent the FJ40. Rhys Millen did a good job filming that down in Big Sur.

I wondered where my carpet covered dash pad went?

140311-06-jpg.1154303

No tall and skinny tires :meh:

That's why I still run the SS 34 X 9.50. I would like to run a less aggressive tread (though I do like these when off-roading), but I can't find a good replacement the same size. I do wish there were more choices, but I think the 15" choices are becoming less and less. Sooner or later Super Swamper 34 X 9.50 will become un-available and I'll have to make a different choice then :(

Skip

Are they this good? Not in my opinion. Back about 6-8 years ago had a set of 33x12.5x15s on my FJ60. As a mud tire the performance was mediocre. As a on-road and AT type tire, ok. The one issue that really turned me away from the Hankooks were weak sidewalls. As the tires were reaching their tread limit sidewalls began to puncture under extremely mild conditions. Once while driving through a grassy pasture, a second while being aired up. The tires due to tread wear were in need of replacement but I've never had tires with sidewall failures such as these. Maybe Hankook has improved the sidewall design or I received tires from a faulty batch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom