LT235/85R 16 Goodyear Duratrac Tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m considering the purchase of the above tires for my 1981 BJ40. If you are using or have used such tires, please pass along comments about the appropriateness of them for my stock suspension BJ. From what I have been reading, they will fit my vehicle. Just want to be 100% sure before committing to the purchase!
Thanks!

I run 33-12.5x15 DuraTrac's on my FJ-40. Not familiar with the weight of a BJ so not sure if an E load rating is appropriate as mine is only a C load rating. The extra sidewall layers could affect the ride quality. I bring this up because I run 17 PSI rear and 21 PSI front and your tires list 80 PSI as max pressure. I also run 18" Goodyear Wranglers on a Ram 2500HD with 80 PSI. Ride quality is fine just not sure what it would be like on your BJ.

I run those exact tires on my 60 series. They're great tires for Canada because they're winter rated so you don't have to keep a spare set of wheels/tires (only an issue if you drive your truck year-round, of course).

I'm sure you're aware that your stock rims are 15", so you'll have to get new rims if you haven't already to run the metric duratracs.

I run those exact tires on my 60 series. They're great tires for Canada because they're winter rated so you don't have to keep a spare set of wheels/tires (only an issue if you drive your truck year-round, of course).

I'm sure you're aware that your stock rims are 15", so you'll have to get new rims if you haven't already to run the metric duratracs.
I’m actually running 16” rims now so everything should work out well.

I can’t speak to having them on any of my LC’s.

But they’re some of the best all around tires I’ve found (traction, mileage, durability) for my ‘86 M1028 CUCV (5/4 K30).

i have 285/75/16 on my fj62 and love them. i just went to buy some for my 40 but they don’t have that size studdable any more so i went with general grabbers. they make the RT now that does not accept studs. but they have been a great tire for winter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom