Are CCOT 75-84 complete doors good? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m way up here on Van Isle and needing some new doors.

CCOT website shows reproduction doors that I wanted to get some reviews on. Do you or someone you know have them painted and mounted?

I’ve looked into repair patches and panels as well as scanning for good used and it seems as expensive or more than these reproduction doors.

I’ve watched a few videos of the bodies and parts coming from China and wondered if this is what CCOT is selling?

I could handle minor imperfections with replacement parts and could do my own minor modifications for fitment but want to know if there are big problems with them. Does the original hardware install and fit? Does the window fit?

If there is a thread about this already please let me know and I’ll cancel this one. I looked and didn’t find any reviews or any info here or online yet.

Thanks for your input!

IMG_0666.png

Have you considered calling CCOT and asking?

Some issues we had with the China/Topnault door that I would potentially use for identifying: I would see if the holes for the inner latch mounting screw inserts are circles or square - OEM are square, the China/Topnault door we recently installed here had circular holes, use used rivnuts and M6 bolts. Additionally, two of the four window regulator holes were about half the bolt diameter off and had to be egg-d out with die grinder to work. This door was purchased awhile ago though so they may have fixed these issues since then.

Some issues we had with the China/Topnault door that I would potentially use for identifying: I would see if the holes for the inner latch mounting screw inserts are circles or square - OEM are square, the China/Topnault door we recently installed here had circular holes, use used rivnuts and M6 bolts. Additionally, two of the four window regulator holes were about half the bolt diameter off and had to be egg-d out with die grinder to work. This door was purchased awhile ago though so they may have fixed these issues since then

Some issues we had with the China/Topnault door that I would potentially use for identifying: I would see if the holes for the inner latch mounting screw inserts are circles or square - OEM are square, the China/Topnault door we recently installed here had circular holes, use used rivnuts and M6 bolts. Additionally, two of the four window regulator holes were about half the bolt diameter off and had to be egg-d out with die grinder to work. This door was purchased awhile ago though so they may have fixed these issues since then.
I agree that calling them is going to be necessary. I need info from them on shipping costs too.
I’m ok with minor mods with the die grinder and figuring out mounting techniques.
I was curious to overall fit and quality, would you say you were happy with them for the price?

I'm in a similar situation an almost certainly going to buy replacement rear doors instead of repairing what I have at this point.

CCOT are a little more expensive but I havent yet stumbled across complaints about their products

Topnault is a little less expensive

If I'm going to spend 7-800 plus for each door I expect them to fit.

Have used many CCOT body panels (Door-front-Lower 6" included) for my BJ42 resto in Germany back in the day (2006), no issues since!
Now I'm considering for my BJ45 resto these doors made in China (Juncheng Industries), at least for the driver's side door that I'm missing (have only the passenger's side, but seems to be good)...
If I'm not mistaken these CCOT doors look like the aforementioned Juncheng doors, don't they?

PS. In respect to Juncheng doors quality and fitting, there is a review from an experienced guy down under, that validates/reinforces what cruisermatt previously said.

Last edited:
Have used many CCOT body panels (Door-front-Lower 6" included) for my BJ42 resto in Germany back in the day (2006), no issues since!
Now I'm considering for my BJ45 resto these doors made in China (Juncheng Industries), at least for the driver's side door that I'm missing (have only the passenger's side, but seems to be good)...
If I'm not mistaken these CCOT doors look like the aforementioned Juncheng doors, don't they?

PS. In respect to Juncheng doors quality and fitting, there is a review from an experienced guy Down under, that validates/reinforces what cruisermatt previously said.

Yes I thought the pictures of the CCOT doors in black primer looked very much like what I had seen from the Chinese manufacturer. I was wondering if that could be confirmed as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom