Builds Hammersaurus Lex - The LX470 gets tons (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nukegoat

Should have bought a Jeep
SILVER Star
Threads
Edit: current pic:
3yM75Ha.jpg

JrwOIOq.jpg

QhCRd9R.jpg

KpWGkeS.jpg

I was just sitting in my garage minding my own business and my plasma cutter slipped and cut my IFS off!

This project is a ton of work but honestly not much more than Marshmallow was. I've just condensed it all into the past week so I'm exhausted. Still in flight but I decided to "swallow the frog" and get the worst part done with first - the front SAS.

The plan is to SAS, 3-link, and coilover the front. Not sure if I'll run coilovers on the rear or not. I didn't want to hassle with building another junkyard axle so I just commissioned ECGS to put a set together.

Front Axle - 72.5" wide
Dana "Ultimate" 60 center section
3.5" tubes with aftermarket Cs, shafts, knuckles, steering arms, spindles, etc.
5.38s w/ ARB

Rear Axle: 72" wide
Shaved 14 bolt (4" tubes)
Late model discs with drum-in-hat e-brakes and chromoly shafts and blah blah blah
5.38s w/ ARB

ONr2MKd.jpg

f3fIp4e.jpg

PrSFZwS.jpg

Last edited:
So the 3-link was a pretty big pain but I've got all the brackets welded up now. Getting the upper link near the exhaust (I have to keep cats to keep it street legal) was pretty bad and the link height isn't adjustable unless you want to remove the driver's side cat each time. Oh and WTH Toyota with these motor mounts being so low and tied into ABSOLUTELY EVERY OTHER BRACKET. Nothing is a standalone piece, it's all one big monolith of crap. So in addition to plating the frame (I am stealing everyone else's idea there) I also ran a tubular crossmember between the frame rails where the panhard bar/steering box will be. I like how they did that on the 80.

9SuqZTr.jpg

oZZr7MK.jpg

You run the same ratio in both axles? Lame
Front crawl rear haul is all the rage these days

Looking forwards to seeing hydroboost and a power steering pump upgrade on a 100

Looking forwards to seeing hydroboost and a power steering pump upgrade on a 100
Can you swap pumps on a 2uz? The stock pump seems better than 1fz pump

Finally, a proper build thread in the 100 forum.

Sub’d

No reason you can't swap the pump if you want. I think Slee used a PSC pump on one of their SAS's.
Brackets and so on.... but does anyone know if these pumps are any good to start with?

Brackets and so on.... but does anyone know if these pumps are any good to start with?

I don't know but I wish I did. Mine doesn't "feel" as powerful as my 80 does, but I don't know if these pumps are weak, or just MY pump is. (or if it's just vehicle differences completely...I have no real way of measuring beyond steering wheel feel)

I don't know but I wish I did. Mine doesn't "feel" as powerful as my 80 does, but I don't know if these pumps are weak, or just MY pump is. (or if it's just vehicle differences completely...I have no real way of measuring beyond steering wheel feel)

Hmm. I have long since argued that the torsion bar in the spool valve of the 80 box is oversized and leads to heavy steering. But I am no scientist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom