GX470 headers 06+ (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've also received confirmation that the doug thorley headers will fit the GX, but that its a VERY lengthy install, like 8 hours +

They do in fact fit about 7 hours per side on a clean non rusted GX. I did my own install as I have a full shop to work in, with the air injection on the 05 and up the air tubs are right in front of the upper bolts, If I were to do it over again I would use the 03-04 without Air injection and use the Injection delete kit, I understand it can get expensive to replace the air pump anyway. Depending on your state you may not be able to do this. Alot of patience was required. I also have a Modified Volant intake and AFE catback exaust, I used Flowmaster high flow cats, at idle its as quiet as stock and no drone on the freeway. I purchase the Headers from Burtman on a group by, it was a good deal. Doug Thorley are a great quality product and I would recomend these to anyone not wanting to replace with the stock exhaust.

20150828_090119.jpg
20160312_163646.jpg
20160312_170359.jpg
20160313_192602.jpg

Awesome, somewhere down the line when I have money I am going to have to do the non air injection headers and eeplace the rest of the exhaust parts as well!

Has anyone done a testfit on the 06+ gx using the 4.7 4runner headers from doug thorley?

Stainless Steel Shortie Headers, 2005-09 Toyota 4Runner, 4.7L

Im contemplating a purchase, heard its a bear to work on these exhaust manifolds.

I have the dreaded ticking sound and its kinda driving me insane. Otherwise loving the rig!

Im in tucson and open for wheeling if any of yall are local.

Did you see HiLex's additional information about the performance gains of his Doug Thorley Headers on his GX? It's detailed in the "GX Build new to IH8MUD" post. I apologize I don't know how to put the link in this post like so many do.

How was the power increase with the Doug Thorley headers? Noticeable?

Im at 6500 feel (so I'm about 25% low reduced on power at elevation). If I could squeak a little more power like of the truck at highway speak, I'd be ecstatic. That said it's pretty close to good but the truck as the dreaded exhaust tick with 86K miles. It'd be a bummer to just replace with stock.

All ears on recommendations. No emissions here, also.

I spoke with a rep from Doug Thorley at Sema last week. I asked about a long tube catless header to make install easier for someone that is not interested in welding or emissions. He said if I order ten sets he will happily make them. His card is in my wallet and I am mulling it over.

How was the power increase with the Doug Thorley headers? Noticeable?

Im at 6500 feel (so I'm about 25% low reduced on power at elevation). If I could squeak a little more power like of the truck at highway speak, I'd be ecstatic. That said it's pretty close to good but the truck as the dreaded exhaust tick with 86K miles. It'd be a bummer to just replace with stock.

All ears on recommendations. No emissions here, also.

I don't have actual dyno numbers. Butt Dyno says he'll yes I also have a modified Volant intake and flow master high flow cats and a AFE cat back exhaust if I punch it off idle it wI'll break the tires loose a little and accelerates like a beast I'm in Denver and frequent the mountain trails low end torque is much much better milage is the same as stock. freeway pasing is much much better. I would do it all over again in a heart beat.

Bumping this back to the top. I just purchased a GX 470 and would like some bolt-on performance gains. It sounds like there was potential for the manufacture Doug Thorley to make them if we have 10 people commit to buying headers.

Short tube replace the original manifolds easier depending on the amount of exhaust work you want to do and emissions requirements long tubes will be more work and may not suffice the ECU O2 sensor inputs.

They do in fact fit about 7 hours per side on a clean non rusted GX. I did my own install as I have a full shop to work in, with the air injection on the 05 and up the air tubs are right in front of the upper bolts, If I were to do it over again I would use the 03-04 without Air injection and use the Injection delete kit, I understand it can get expensive to replace the air pump anyway. Depending on your state you may not be able to do this. Alot of patience was required. I also have a Modified Volant intake and AFE catback exaust, I used Flowmaster high flow cats, at idle its as quiet as stock and no drone on the freeway. I purchase the Headers from Burtman on a group by, it was a good deal. Doug Thorley are a great quality product and I would recomend these to anyone not wanting to replace with the stock exhaust.

View attachment 1244004View attachment 1244005View attachment 1244006View attachment 1244007
trying to install these headers on my 2007 GX470 AWD and I have maybe 1.5 inch pushed into the stock cat (so much its into the catalist) (passenger side) and they are still too long. I also set up a jig based off the old one I took off and the new header doesn't sit flush. the rear sits up when front is flat. Any ideas?

IMG952447.jpg

View attachment 1244004 View attachment 1244005 View attachment 1244006 View attachment 1244007
Are you in Denver area?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom