Goodbye LX470, hello 570? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My family and I finally decided to sell our 2006 LX470 with over 250k on it. It had gotten to the point where we could not justify dumping several thousand dollars of repairs into it every 3 or 4 months just to keep it running. We got it used with little over 200k a few years back and it has been nothing but problems. The 100 series forum guys have told me that we got a lemon and that whoever had it before us may have either driven it through a lot of water or flooded it. That was our first cruiser and the main reason why we need got it was for its bulletproof reputation, which unfortunately did not hold true for us. Despite all the issues, we ha e fallen in love with the land cruisers and would like to upgrade to an LX570 or LC 200. I have been looking around and have noticed that used 570's are a bit more common (for sale), are a little less expensive, and carry more features than the LC's.

I would like to know what are everyone's thoughts on the 100 vs 200 series and the LX570 vs LC200? What are things I should look for when looking at a used one? Have you had any issues with yours? What has been your experiences owning one?

Thanks in advance!

Have you spent a little time to browse the forum?

We've had several 80's over the years, and a couple of LX470's. Moved to an LX570 several months ago and have loved it. Power delivery is much more precise and adequate than the 470. Rides a lot nicer, and far more comfortable. We looked at some LC200's as well, but the 570's are better equipped and from what we noticed around here, the 570's are better taken care of as far as service history.

T
We've had several 80's over the years, and a couple of LX470's. Moved to an LX570 several months ago and have loved it. Power delivery is much more precise and adequate than the 470. Rides a lot nicer, and far more comfortable. We looked at some LC200's as well, but the 570's are better equipped and from what we noticed around here, the 570's are better taken care of as far as service history.

Thanks for your input! How long have you had it? Any issues?

100 series guy here, I wish you luck and remember to focus on history/maintenance/condition. Look for that 1 owner soccer mom car maintained religiously at one dealer, and away from any place that is known for rust! To give you the best chance at not repeating the LX470 history.

I made the move from an 07 LX470 to a 13 LX570 due to an accident. (I also own an 80)

Here's my short, rambling list of pros and cons: The 570 is definitely more powerful, but I didn't find a lack of power in the 470 (mine was an 07). The 570 is quieter, and better appointed. The 570 is in my opinion much more fancy than the 470 - and it's fanciness gives it the perception of being fragile, even if it's not. The 570 does not have seat mounted armrests, or tilt out 3rd row windows. The 570's AHC system is better, and seemingly much more reliable than the 470. Side step removal in the 570 is more difficult than the 470. While I haven't used it in action, I understand that CRAWL is an excellent addition to the ATRAC system.

T

Thanks for your input! How long have you had it? Any issues?
I got it in November. So about 6 months now. It was a 2 owner car with good service history and around 160k miles. Austin, TX owned vehicle, so no rust or anything since we don't have salt on the roads. I did a few things to it, but overall it's been solid. It's a third vehicle for us, so not a daily. But we've taken it on two road trips so far. One road tirp was 2300 mile round trip. The other was 1700 mile round trip. And we've towed our boat to the lake and back (45 mile round trip) probably 15 times or so. It's been great. We don't really do any off roading except for the light trail here and there when camping, and towing occasionally, so the AHC was a big plus. The AHC makes towing a breeze, and when we load up with one person, or 7 people, the ride quality is still identical. Here's my thread of thing's I did since we purchased it. At this point the truck is perfect and I wouldn't really do anything else to it other than regular maintenance: Got a 200 - Here it goes

Ha was your 06 LX w/250k that just sold for $7k on FB marketplace because it needed a new radiator and had a main seal leak?

If towing is a thing for you like it is for me, the 200 is rated tow (6,500#/8,500#) a ton more than the 100 series.

Having had both as Land Cruiser variants (06 LC, 15 LC) I can say the 06 wins hands down in exterior style and the 15 wins in every other category.

I wouldn't get a 100 to daily, just too dated for my taste. The even a 2008 200 series is a modern vehicle by comparison.

I just went from a LX470 (99) to an 08 Land Cruiser. I was initially going to get the LX570 because they were easier to find, but It was just too fancy for me. I prefer the more practical approach. Happy with my decision although had to do some major baselining to go trouble free for 100K... Seems like there are a few more issues with these 200 series than just the heater t's on the 100.... Radiator and starter(PIA)...

I just went from a LX470 (99) to an 08 Land Cruiser. I was initially going to get the LX570 because they were easier to find, but It was just too fancy for me. I prefer the more practical approach. Happy with my decision although had to do some major baselining to go trouble free for 100K... Seems like there are a few more issues with these 200 series than just the heater t's on the 100.... Radiator and starter(PIA)...

My 100 also had a radiator issue, to the point of needing to be replaced. What other issues have you had with your 200?

My 100 also had a radiator issue, to the point of needing to be replaced. What other issues have you had with your 200?

I haven’t had any issues.. this was all PM work based on all the research I did. If you find a 2008-2009 make sure Starter, Water Pump and Radiator are done. 2010-2011 starter and radiator 2013 and above keep and eye out for the crack of death along the Toyota badge on the top of radiator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom