Glass bowl fuel filter bracket differences? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruisermatt

Un-manufacturable
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cruisermatts.com
Going through some inventory this week and these two brackets ended up side by side and I noticed the difference in mounting angle.
The rustier one is off my 67ish FJ45 LPB, and the black painted one is off a 1970 FJ40.
I’ve seen a pretty even amount of pictures of both variations online. Is it 40 vs 45 dependent?
I was planning on doing a repro of these brackets so I want to make sure I have the applications correct.

D81E2176-0839-4065-BF48-E118FAFBCFBF.jpeg

Wow. I think my gascolator is off a J3 Cub. It has no filter element. I made the bracket by twisting one of the those aluminum adjustable shelf brackets and drilling a few holes. Yours look nicer.

Wow. I think my gascolator is off a J3 Cub. It has no filter element. I made the bracket by twisting one of the those aluminum adjustable shelf brackets and drilling a few holes. Yours look nicer.

These are the Toyota brackets.

Going through some inventory this week and these two brackets ended up side by side and I noticed the difference in mounting angle.
The rustier one is off my 67ish FJ45 LPB, and the black painted one is off a 1970 FJ40.
I’ve seen a pretty even amount of pictures of both variations online. Is it 40 vs 45 dependent?
I was planning on doing a repro of these brackets so I want to make sure I have the applications correct.

View attachment 3460531
I need a repro for the black one for my 40 1971, unfortunately some mechanic lost them

I need a repro for the black one for my 40 1971, unfortunately some mechanic lost them
shoot me a message and I can make it happen. Was going to have a batch of these made but figured the demand would be pretty low so it wasn't high on the priority list.

Would still like an answer to original question... angled vs straight bracket?

The other day I looked at mine - it has some sort of gray porous ceramic filter looking unit inside.

IMG_9520.jpeg

I have at least a dozen filter hangers. I don’t think there’s a need for a repop just yet. FWIW, all of mine are angled except for the super-early stubby one.

View attachment 3609374
I have at least a dozen filter hangers. I don’t think there’s a need for a repop just yet. FWIW, all of mine are angled except for the super-early stubby one.

Good to know, I won’t spend time on it then. Not that I’ve had a single person reach to me needing one, ever, but I do make a habit of at least drawing all these simpler parts in case the need ever does arise later.

Maybe there is no change in them and one of mine just got bent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom