Builds Gerry's Build thread: "If it happens again I'm buying an Abrams" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We really like the Roadhouse Tarp. We got the one with the bug netting. It’s a pretty great solution for us.

We camped last summer on Ocracoke Island, and the strong winds meant I was frequently bringing it down, then putting it back up.
View attachment 2616443
Big Agnes has a similar design I find very useful.

8742FB78-4DBD-4C21-94A8-7F3B93DEF5B3.jpeg

@MongooseGA, can you share some pictures / any tips and tricks on how you routed / wired your bumper lights?

I am going to try to do this this weekend (well bumper install). Did you keep your factory towing harness / plug?

I can certainly take pics. I (and by I, I mean @Wermz ) did the wiring. IIRC we (he) went through one of the tail lights. Yes, I still have the OEM tow harness. I actually just replaced my old mangled one with a new OEM.

*evil laugh*

I’m pretty sure @MongooseGA routed the wires through a rust hole in his frame. The cool thing about GA is you give him chicken s*** and he makes chicken salad.
I mean, we're friends.

@MongooseGA, can you share some pictures / any tips and tricks on how you routed / wired your bumper lights?

I am going to try to do this this weekend (well bumper install). Did you keep your factory towing harness / plug?

I wired the brake and running lights directly from the taillight housings. For some reason i couldnt figure out the wiring fron the trailer harness, trust me i tried and felt like an idiot.. the reverse lights came from the trailer harness though. Ground wires are just grounded to the frame.

Thanks @Wermz and @MongooseGA for the helpful hints. I am going to tackle the wiring next weekend.

Gerry got a new garage-mate yesterday in the form of an original 5-speed 1997 SC300 with 57,000 miles. This will be my fiancee's new driver and I may take it over in the future to do a GTE build. She can buy a GS or something, IDK.

20210519_230127.jpg

20210519_230141.jpg

Oh yeah, and there's my new garage, too. Need to hang the cabinets and build in my work benches (about 13 linear feet in total of work bench space) and lay down the epoxy floor. 130,000 lumens and 130 linear feet of LED light, deep sink, station for my shop press, parts cleaner, and sand blast cabinet, overhead power, full bathroom attached, and enough space to store all of my s*** plus 2 cars and my motorcycle.

Sadly, Gerry will not spend much time inside. The spaces will be taken by my 560SEL and the new SC.

Gerry got an oil change and rotation recently. Mileage is 281k.

Gerry got a new garage-mate yesterday in the form of an original 5-speed 1997 SC300 with 57,000 miles. This will be my fiancee's new driver and I may take it over in the future to do a GTE build. She can buy a GS or something, IDK.

View attachment 2679223
View attachment 2679224

Oh yeah, and there's my new garage, too. Need to hang the cabinets and build in my work benches (about 13 linear feet in total of work bench space) and lay down the epoxy floor. 130,000 lumens and 130 linear feet of LED light, deep sink, station for my shop press, parts cleaner, and sand blast cabinet, overhead power, full bathroom attached, and enough space to store all of my s*** plus 2 cars and my motorcycle.

Sadly, Gerry will not spend much time inside. The spaces will be taken by my 560SEL and the new SC.

Gerry got an oil change and rotation recently. Mileage is 281k.
You my friend are living large! That SC300 is probably one of one with such low mileage!

You my friend are living large! That SC300 is probably one of one with such low mileage!

Thanks dude!

I did not get a 5+ car shop like I wanted (this market right now... 🤦 ) so I'm making the most of my 675 sq ft. I may end up leasing or buying a building in the future. She and I are only at 4 cars and a bike between us and that's just not sufficient when there are so many cool cars to possess.

That SC... It's the most beautiful car I've ever had. Needs a little sorting after sitting for 18 years but it's stunning.

Thanks dude!

I did not get a 5+ car shop like I wanted (this market right now... 🤦 ) so I'm making the most of my 675 sq ft. I may end up leasing or buying a building in the future. She and I are only at 4 cars and a bike between us and that's just not sufficient when there are so many cool cars to possess.

That SC... It's the most beautiful car I've ever had. Needs a little sorting after sitting for 18 years but it's stunning.
Congrats on the SC dude. We've had one in the family since 2006. Also a 1997. Bought it bone stock and now it's a built GTE/V160/Ford 9" rear end making a good bit over 1,000whp. My brother Dmitry's car. Sound Performance has a video of it on the rollers from last summer when we had them do a new tune on it.

Now THAT is impressive! The Ms is interested in an NA-T in the future but won't be quite that monstrous! The guy we bought this one from has 4 turbo SCs and 4 turbo MKIVs, all big power cars. It was like being in a candy store. I'm glad to be back in one again.
Was his name Gerry? I’m 99% I know the guy lol.

Yup. The only reason he sold it to me was because he recognized me from CL. I've been on there for like 16 years.

We also felt it was fated that he has the same name as my truck 😆
That’s awesome man. He’s done alot for the SC community. I haven’t been on CL in years but back in the day he was basically the king of that forum.

That’s awesome man. He’s done alot for the SC community. I haven’t been on CL in years but back in the day he was basically the king of that forum.
He's a great guy and I'm glad to have finally met him in person. He's a buddy going forward and a great resource as well. I can't wait to do the paint correction on this one and send him pics, it's gonna knock his socks off!

Oh, I guess I forgot to add in here that @Wermz put a new oem starter in my truck a few weeks ago. Mileage somewhere between 275-280k for that service. Now no more hesitation before it engages!

I cant wait to tear into the SC ;)
I wish I could invite you to Wi for a week! Blue needs a lot of small things and with my little free, it is taking forever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom