FZJ80 in 2015 Ultimate Adventure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Awesome! My buddy was in it last year and had a blast. I'll cross post on other NW boards.

I posted my support on their site and meant what I said. Exo cage that bitch and drive it like you stole it!

THIS IS AWESOME! You've got my support!!!

Nice. I'm not on Myface so keep us updated here as well.

That "'46 Chevy Pickup" is pretty gnarly and somewhat inconsistent with the rest of the bunch.

Edit: Scratch that. There are a couple of gnarly contenders. Your rig will be great competition.

Last edited:
Well damn maybe I'll have to create a FB account to support the only UA 80 series. Really diverse group of rigs, the last time I looked at UA it was all super $$ builds mostly by sponsor related rigs IIRC. Wish you the best and hope that you get selected.

Yeah its a diverse group that last 12 is. I think his 80 is probably in a head to head competition with the rover for selection. Either one could represent that sort of contender.

They won't pick you. You don't have a roll cage... If someone died or was seriously injured on one of these annual events do to an overlook of one of the most elementary safety concerns in the offroad hobby the repercussions thru the media would be catastrophic(not just for the people in the vehicle).

There's even a cage in the magazines own project 80 since hobie bought it.

Can you get one built really quick?? It would be super cool to see your 80 as a participant!!

They won't pick you. You don't have a roll cage... If someone died or was seriously injured on one of these annual events do to an overlook of one of the most elementary safety concerns in the offroad hobby the repercussions thru the media would be catastrophic(not just for the people in the vehicle).

There's even a cage in the magazines own project 80 since hobie bought it.

Can you get one built really quick?? It would be super cool to see your 80 as a participant!!
This is from the OP's comments on the UA site.

"I currently don't have a cage but have been considering one. UA would be the perfect excuse to pull the trigger. Funds will not be a problem."

good luck :cheers:

I love that your 80 is mostly stock compared to the other rigs. I hope you make it. And Phil's 40 too.

Funny that there is a Jeep from my town in that list. Well, it has a Jeep emblem anyway. That's all that's left of it being a Jeep.

This is from the OP's comments on the UA site.

"I currently don't have a cage but have been considering one. UA would be the perfect excuse to pull the trigger. Funds will not be a problem."

Yech yeah! Haven't bought a UA video since the magazine sponsored Tacoma. Definitely would if an 80 represented!

Will be pulling for you!

Technically, all you need is a roll bar. I'm going to cage it though. I've started looking into local fabricators and shops that could build a cage. I think I should be able to get it done. Worst case is we complete the cage around the front (A and B pillars) and finish up the rear passenger area later. When I talked with Pewe, he didn't make this seem like an issue.

I've also been eying some more aggresive 37s. I've found a set of 38x12.5R16 TSLs on CL local. Optionally, I've got a set of FJC 17s and a local shop has Pitbull Rocker Radials 37x1250R17LTE in stock.

As for the completion (?), I think I could hang with some of the rigs (Disco, blazer, 72 Jimmy, 89 GMC, FJ40)

There are a couple of rigs approaching buggy status. They can bounce off and slide past things I can't.

Then there is the '46 Chevy. That thing looks like a monster. That being said... the UA is a weeklong trip where you live out of your truck in the summer. Where does the cooler go? Not to mention camp gear, food, tools, and parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom