Fuel return hardline position (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m currently working on 75 carb I recently picked up and installing the return line and wanted to know where the opposite end of the line rests where it mates to the soft line. Mine currently is right up against the battery and would like pictures so I know where I need to bend it if needed. Thanks in advance

IMG_0405.jpeg

IMG_0402.jpeg

IMG_0403.jpeg

IMG_0404.jpeg

This is a photo of my set up, I had it on file, I will try to go out and get a better pic, hope it helps
20220729_155625.jpg

Mine end right around the fuel pump but it's not the stock routing due to the addition of an aux tank and switching valve and some other modifications. I think the stock return line ran under the coolant hose, under the supply fuel line, along the block, then exits somewhere in between the oil filter and fuel pump. That's going by memory from a few years ago so I might be mistaken.

1692248903721.png

1692248981716.png

Last edited:
Mine end right around the fuel pump but it's not the stock routing due to the addition of an aux tank and switching valve and some other modifications. I think the stock return line ran under the coolant hose, under the supply fuel line, along the block, then exits somewhere in between the oil filter and fuel pump. That's going by memory from a few years ago so I might be mistaken.

View attachment 3403285

View attachment 3403291
Thanks for replying and for the photos. I had a local member send a picture that he had stored last night. I’m going to post them soon.

Here are a few pics in case they might help. On my '77 there is a bracket that keeps the return pretty close to the oil filter (same as shown in post #6 above)

engine2.jpg

engine1.jpg

Engine3.jpg

Here are a few pics in case they might help. On my '77 there is a bracket that keeps the return pretty close to the oil filter (same as shown in post #6 above)

View attachment 3403502

View attachment 3403508

View attachment 3403509
Thanks for the photos. I’m going to order that bracket through SOR or put a wanted ad on here. The bracket I currently have behind the thermostat changes throughout the years based on SOR catalog but not sure the difference on the years. However my fuel lines wouldn’t fit into the bracket I have currently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom