Front End Refresh Parts List (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the parts list, getting ready to do this myself. Does anyone know the part numbers for the nuts for the cam adjuster bolts (4) and then the ball joint stud (2) that is held in with the cotter pin. The parts websites don't have them listed, and I want to make sure I'm ordering the correct ones.

McGeorge has good diagrams. Looks like the ball joint nut part numbers are listed. If you are replacing the ball joints, they’ll include new nuts.
FRONT AXLE ARM & STEERING KNUCKLE. For Land Cruiser | McGeorge Toyota

Thanks for the parts list, getting ready to do this myself. Does anyone know the part numbers for the nuts for the cam adjuster bolts (4) and then the ball joint stud (2) that is held in with the cotter pin. The parts websites don't have them listed, and I want to make sure I'm ordering the correct ones.

Just had new OEM upper control arms installed and had an alignment done, what a huge difference it makes. Though the changes to handling and ride would be so subtle over 20 years they're almost imperceptible until it gets to the point that things are noticeable. No more knocking and creaking and the steering is definitely tighter-feeling.

For future reference, the four cam nuts are part numbers 90178-A0001 and the two castle nuts are 90171-14010.

So my lower control arm ball joint boot is torn and squeeking. I was thinking about:

1) Just doing the LCA ball joint on both sides $

2) Refreshing front upper and lower control arms ball joints and bushings $$

3) Buying new OEM Arms $$$

But now I'm here to ask, what are the best bang for your buck items on a 190k '06 that probably had no suspension work?

Really depends on two things:
1. what your plan for the truck is, and
2. what your budget for the mod is.

Those two will point you to what you should do. I am in the same boat and boots on upper ball joints are toast, meaning that they are probably toast themselves. I need to jack the truck up and test to see if the ball joints are done. If not, the boots are sold by Mr. T (43324-69085 for my truck) and fairly cheap. But I have a load of other front end work that needs done first.

Planning to rebuild my front end soon. This parts list is very helpful, although I think I will end up going with MOOG for UCAs, LCAs, and sway bar links. Fraction of the cost of the other aftermarket brands and I only have a 1" AHC lift. Not planning anything more, so I don't think I need adjustable control arms. Plus my budget says no so it doesn't really matter.

Question though. Do you NEED to replace all of the cam adjust bolts, or is that being extra conservative? Also I noticed that the OP listed qty 2 for those. Aren't there 4 cam adjust bolts? 2 per UCA? Thanks

Planning to rebuild my front end soon. This parts list is very helpful, although I think I will end up going with MOOG for UCAs, LCAs, and sway bar links. Fraction of the cost of the other aftermarket brands and I only have a 1" AHC lift. Not planning anything more, so I don't think I need adjustable control arms. Plus my budget says no so it doesn't really matter.

Question though. Do you NEED to replace all of the cam adjust bolts, or is that being extra conservative? Also I noticed that the OP listed qty 2 for those. Aren't there 4 cam adjust bolts? 2 per UCA? Thanks

I am wondering the same thing. Seems like you could reuse them. I am sure shops do it all the time. But it seems like such a small part of the total cost, why not?

I know this thread was started a while ago, but is there a reason he calls out 2 cam adjust bolts? Wouldn't you need four if you are doing both upper control arms?

I am wondering the same thing. Seems like you could reuse them. I am sure shops do it all the time. But it seems like such a small part of the total cost, why not?

I know this thread was started a while ago, but is there a reason he calls out 2 cam adjust bolts? Wouldn't you need four if you are doing both upper control arms?

No need to replace. I did my rebuild a little while ago and didn't replace them. The bolts were just fine. And yes I am still confused as to why OP called out two. Should be four.

Hi, refreshing this. I need to replace my inner tie rods, I.E. steering rack end sub assemblies (PN 45503-69025). Any OEM alternatives people would recommend? Thank you!

Hi, refreshing this. I need to replace my inner tie rods, I.E. steering rack end sub assemblies (PN 45503-69025). Any OEM alternatives people would recommend? Thank you!

Most people go with Sankei 555. I actually have two Sankei 555 inner TREs I need to sell, if you're interested. $90 + shipping and they're yours. Brand new in box.

Most people go with Sankei 555. I actually have two Sankei 555 inner TREs I need to sell, if you're interested. $90 + shipping and they're yours. Brand new in box.
Beto, do you mind outlining all parts you needed when replacing your rack & pinion?

I was on rockauto and confused myself on correct high pressure and return lines to purchase... If you can can you let me know which HP hose, return hose, and reservoir you bought? Were there any other parts you needed in addition (besides fluid...).

Thanks!

Beto, do you mind outlining all parts you needed when replacing your rack & pinion?

I was on rockauto and confused myself on correct high pressure and return lines to purchase... If you can can you let me know which HP hose, return hose, and reservoir you bought? Were there any other parts you needed in addition (besides fluid...).

Thanks!
Check out this thread: How To: Replace your own steering rack - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/how-to-replace-your-own-steering-rack.560104/
I used that to guide me through it. Excellent resource.

Here are the parts I documented:
Steering rack, gaskets, washers, fluidOEM - 4425060050, 4432730030, 4432730040
Steering rack bushingOEM - 4551760010
PS return hoseSUNSONG 3402515
PS Pressure HoseSUNSONG 3402817

Hoses from rockauto. Small bits from Partsouq. Rack from Bell Lexus Scottsdale (was $532 shipped, no core. Best price I could find). I didn't buy a reservoir. Just cleaned mine out. 2001LC has a detailed write up on cleaning the reservoir. No need for a new one. I also replaced the hoses to/from the reservoir to pump. Just used 3/8 or 5/8 (or whatever the sizes where) transmission oil cooler hose from auto shop. Not premolded or anything. Was super cheap. And I replaced the PS pump and air control valve, but you may not need to. I was trying to fight a different problem with those and replacing them did not solve it... If you haven't yet, also replace the outer TREs. Sankei 555 is the best bet. I think you can find them on amazon pretty easily. They are sold under a different brand (Moog or something), but they ship 555 parts! Stamped and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom