Clicking/Clunking sound from front end under power - advice appreciated (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2001 Landcruiser 280k
2.5 Ironman lift with Freedom Upper control arms.
Out of blue heard some louder clunking sound come from front end , mainly only when under power.
Took to local shop and they were confident CV axles. Replaced for $600 and now similar sound, but quieter still there making me believe it was something else.

Including some pics as thought the angles into upper control arms looked extreme.

Looking online possibly lower control arms / ball joint issue? Before taking to another shop thought would run knowledgeable crew here.

land 2.jpg

land 3.jpg

land 4.jpg

landcruiser 1.jpg

Yes came with the Ironman kit. Been on for over a year no issues. Still the CV angles looked extreme to me, but my knowledge is limited .

The Stage 2 kit comes with a front differential drop kit to help correct front driveline angle reducing CV wear, and includes all brackets, spacers and fasteners. This is a 100% bolt-on solution with no welding or drilling required.

Have a very similar issue. Out of nowhere started a clunk sound only on acceleration and about 30-40 km/hr. I feel it on the drivers side. Replaced the CV and did not go away. I’ll change the C clips that hold the CV axle at the flange and see, will also change ball joints and tie rod ends.

Read in a post here on mud that another guy had a similar situation and apparently the exhaust pipe that comes down from the engine was hitting something? Like kinda loose? I also need to check that.

No vibrations or anything.

I had a very audible clunk coming the front end, ended up being slop in the transfer case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom