Cruiser Head (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow, 8 orders away from 200! Its pretty cool that so many people found a use in something that Ive made. Thank-you all for your support so far! :cheers::cheers:

i will be back to help you go past 200 + chase you do a trade craft that defies logic !

:cool: 🍀 🍀

Newly sold FJ60 Radio brackets will look slightly different as Ive opted for a different printing method that should make the brackets stronger than previously before. The new stronger version that can hold an estimated 27% more weight than previously before! If you have my old version radio bracket (Which is anyone who purchased one before this post) it will still work fine and will do so for a long time.

Really the only difference is printing the radio brackets with a 0.8mm nozzle instead of 0.4. Also I went into science mode to help persuade any 3D printed part skeptics. This test was preformed in my Top of the Line Super Lab.

I zip tied my 0.8mm printed radio bracket on its weakest points to an engine stand, then attached a bucket to the farthest end of the radio bracket and began filling the bucket gradually with water.

Here we can see my setup, After the bucket was half full the radio frame was flexing too much and bottoming out on the engine stand, to counter this flexing a highly precise lab quality flat head screwdriver was added to increase rigidity on the radio bracket so more weight could be added. The goal of this experiment was to break the radio bracket at its mounting points. The area in which the screw driver was placed is not a high load area nor is this area bent in normal use.
Proof.png

dasda.png

Finally the 0.8mm version broke at a static load of 35.0lbs

For the 0.4mm printed radio bracket the test was preformed in the same exact manner as before. It failed at 25.5lbs making this new 0.8mm printed version capable of holding 27% more weight! Both radio brackets broke on the same side in the same place. Each radio bracket was able to hold their load for at-least 10 seconds before failing.

These radio brackets were tested at their weakest points. When installed properly your bracket is resting on the dash and has 4 nuts all helping to securing it in place along with the added load distribution and support from the DIN cage. In normal use this radio bracket can be expected to handle higher loads when installed correctly. This is just a demonstration of part quality. Single DIN radios can weigh in as little as 1.5 lbs making this 3D printed part more than sufficient for the job its tasked.

I know this test isn't perfect but hopefully it gives everyone an idea of what they can expect when using any 3D printed part in their vehicle when the appropriate material
and printing technique is used.

Last edited:
Has anyone requested gaskets for the side front/rear vents? I have yet to see anyone selling these for the OEM vents, and a plastic replacement seems like it could be a hot item. Every old rubber gasket on mine is shot and I haven’t been able to find a replacement. Added pics of the vents Im referencing.

027A64F6-FDFF-4A94-983F-A6DF6235CAF7.jpeg

E9AEACA1-8F05-4278-84B9-3B14E90C036D.jpeg

I just received the radio bracket today! Great product, I had my radio held in place in the dash with a folded up news paper since 2014! hahaha. This should work great to tidy up the dash...that is if I am ever going to finish cutting out the damn rust...sigh.
@ChaserFJ60, I will purchase again from you, gotta visit your store man.

I'm going to get the switch bracket for the location right next to the vent controls as well. That useless box that is good for storing nothing.
Great work supporting the 60 community bud.

And done, looking forward to the switch plate as well.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Im at 197 orders and I really want to hit that 200 today! For today only until midnight everything on my store is 20% off with coupon code "200ORDERS". When items are in your cart you should see a tab called "Apply shop coupon codes." you should enter the code before you enter any payment details. Thanks everyone for your support!

You have a promising future in engineering with your design skills as well as in entrepreneurship with your marketing skills. Maybe one day you can make those reproduction steel FJ60 bodies like the Real Deal Steel '55, '56, and '57 Chevys. The Cruiser market will be around for a long time and I'm sure there are many examples on this site of folks who have built entire careers on these vehicles. Keep up your studies even amid all the great products you are making for us. Education is key.

Nice work! I'm in the process of installing this same head unit... can you share a link to the trim piece you used? Also, how did you secure the radio in the DIN sleeve?
Im not sure if your asking in general or @CruiserTrash
All new radios come with a compatible DIN sleeve so the bracket can be properly utilized. There might be some universal solutions out there for the DIN sleeve but im not entirely sure. I can always do custom brackets for radios if I have the radio in hand!

Im not sure if your asking in general or @CruiserTrash
All new radios come with a compatible DIN sleeve so the bracket can be properly utilized. There might be some universal solutions out there for the DIN sleeve but im not entirely sure. I can always do custom brackets for radios if I have the radio in hand!

Hey sorry I was responding to @CruiserTrash specifically. A DM probably would have been better. This head unit is from an early 90s Camry/Corolla so it doesn’t have a corresponding DIN sleeve AFAIK. I think a universal sleeve might work but I’m hoping to skip some trial and error. :) I’ll keep the custom bracket proposal in mind!

Hey sorry I was responding to @CruiserTrash specifically. A DM probably would have been better. This head unit is from an early 90s Camry/Corolla so it doesn’t have a corresponding DIN sleeve AFAIK. I think a universal sleeve might work but I’m hoping to skip some trial and error. :) I’ll keep the custom bracket proposal in mind!
The previous owner had a Dual brand head unit ($40 at Oreilly) installed and I reused that DIN sleeve and got creative with snipping and bending. The trim ring was a generic piece from Crutchfield. See the photo below with my order. And if you go with larger speakers, 6.25” in my case, the speaker brackets listed are necessary so you can still roll the window down. Aside from the junk yard radio, this order was the rest of my budget stereo build - and I couldn’t be happier. Plenty loud enough, BlueTooth ties into the CD changer of the head unit (with a “black box” off Amazon), great speakers for the money, and a clean install.
57F38223-2B1D-4FB6-AE68-8150CF471DDD.jpeg

Last edited:
The previous owner had a Dual brand head unit ($40 at Oreilly) installed and I reused that DIN sleeve and got creative with snipping and bending. The trim trim was a generic piece from Crutchfield. See the photo below with my order. And if you go with larger speakers, 6.25” in my case, the speaker brackets listed are necessary so you can still roll the window down. Aside from the junk yard radio, this order was the rest of my budget stereo build - and I couldn’t be happier. Plenty loud enough, BlueTooth ties into the CD changer of the head unit (with a “black box” off Amazon), great speakers for the money, and a clean install.
View attachment 2752746

Thank you! That’s super helpful. :)

Anyone know if the stock radiator fan shroud came with a seal to close the gap between the radiator and the shroud?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom