FJ60 Ecoboost swap? Is it possible? (1 Viewer)

Is it possible?

• Yes

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No, but that would be insanely cool

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The swap I always dreamed about. Dream I stress. Was a Mercedes 5 cyl 2.7 engine from a T1N sprinter. I’m not sure if it’s too tall or not but I think lengthwise it would be fine. Problem is it’s really heavily tied to the automatic. There are 4wd variants you can get. It would require a center drop rear axle and I’m not sure if it’s a passenger or drivers for front. In the end of the day it would be so much cost that the list of better easier swaps would quickly come into play. And then really the 2 F seems pretty good 😂

Last edited:
This thread had me looking into this stuff a bit and that 10 speed looks incredible

I have a 5.0 V8 with the 10r80 and it is literally the best transmission anyone can ask for. It shifts smoothly and quickly, it tows well, downshifts when you need it to,
and best of all, it has like 3 overdrive gears for good mileage.

Ohh, I didn’t realize this. Going to need to add that to my research.
Cruisermatt, What are the width of your adapters usually?

That’s completely a case by case basis. Depends on how far thenoutput shaft sticks out the back of the transmission, I don’t know the thickness of the splitcase under the input gear off the top of my head, but subtract those two numbers and the height of the split case input gear. Would have to have the transmission in front of me to answer that. The big issue i see is that I’m not sure the best way to retain the split case input gear to that output shaft yet. Needs to be something burly as the input gear wants to move away from the transmission under load (due to the tooth direction)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom