85 fj60 needs a motor. swap cost estimates? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
im in socal.

so my 85 i just bought has a low comp cyl. leakdown confirmed bad. air leaking out of oil fill on leakdown test 45% on gauge.
so being i wasnt planning on doing a motor im trying to figure out best option.
option1
find a used low mile confirmed good motor and swap it with howell or holley efi
option2
buy a rebuilt motor and same efi swap
option 3
ls swap :( i dount i can swing this cost wise.

its bad enough the motor eating into my lift h55 and gearing money. so trying to make the smartest move now as i plan on keeping it for a long time. took years to find the right color rig with no rust.

has anyone done a motor swap and efi swap at a shop in az,nv,or califonria and can share some rough labor costs?

lc.jpg

Probably cost around in labor 3k just to swap a used engine in not including parts or any extra work no clue on the efi or passing emissions
Good luck
Tommy

I was thinking the OP could go cheap and get a good used engine and swap it in a weekend.
$1500? engine
new clutch
whatever hoses you want to change
the engine can be exchanged in less than 2 days

do the EFI stuff later, just get the rig up and running

So Cal? Try Georg @ Valley Hybrids.
Might be able to source motor from someone else’s LS swap. Lots of guys can’t get rid of motors from previous swaps. Post an ISO in the classifieds. See what people find.

I was thinking the OP could go cheap and get a good used engine and swap it in a weekend.
$1500? engine
new clutch
whatever hoses you want to change
the engine can be exchanged in less than 2 days

do the EFI stuff later, just get the rig up and running
He mentioned a shop doing the work. Now if op can do all the work then that's waaay cheaper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom