FJ55 door hinge pins and bushings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From your picture above, the ones with the spring go on each door, bottom. The hinge on the top left of your picture I don't know. I never seen one with a square mounting plate. On mine the top hinges are different front to back. The hinge on the top right of your picture looks like my top front door hinge. I believe door hinges did change throughout the years. I would start matching up holes and I can try to take some pictures, too.

Sorry I confused things with that third hinge.
image.jpg

all the holes are the same.

I would use the larger "square" flange on the front doors and the "triangle" flange on the rear.
The larger flange has more surface area and is going to be less prone to cracking out the door it mounts to, your front doors will see more use than the rears and will most likely be the first to crack.

I still have the hinges on my doors - could post some pics for you if you want. Can’t remember what year yours was but thought there was a change somewhere in the run (74 or 75?)

Firm deliberate Hammer blows with the bottom hinge under the pin supported by the socket setting on a sturdy surface, use the largest drift punch you have that will fit through the hole
Lots of tappy tap tap will peen the top of the pin making it harder to knock through.

And I know you know this, make sure you are driving the splines out, not trying to pound them through...

Last edited:
IIRC, the bottom hinges are different side to side but the same part number front to rear. So two part numbers total.

The top hinges are the same side to side (because they can be flipped) but different front to rear. So I think again two separate part numbers.

So 4 different part numbers for 8 locations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom