FJ55 door hinge pins and bushings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jmack, looks like you milled out your own bushings. There is a nice pic on 47 of a nice and pretty pile of newly made bushings.
I'll try to dig in and figure out what I did there in the next day or two for you.
I don't remember it being rocket surgery and think I bought all the parts at McMaster Carr and maybe just machined the tops of the bushings to make them a little smaller.
At any rate this is an easy job and well within your skill set, if I need to I'll get the parts ordered machine them and send them to you.

Jmack, looks like you milled out your own bushings. There is a nice pic on 47 of a nice and pretty pile of newly made bushings.
Thanks that gave me a date that I ordered the parts.
This was my McMaster Carr order.

5448T2 Metric 932 Bronze Flanged Sleeve Bearing, for 8MM Shaft Diameter, 11MM OD, 10MM Length 16 Each

91595A588 Metric Alloy Steel Dowel Pin, M8 Diameter, 70 mm Length, Packs of 5 2 Packs

2754A83 Clog-Resistant Uncoated High-Speed-Steel Jobbers Drill Bit, 11MM, 142MM Oal, 72MM Drill Depth

Got those parts on the way. Thanks!
I couldnt find the part number for the snorkel though.

I am probably going to be asking some questions on this project. I did it a long time ago using SOR's plastic bushings and the original pins. Was tough to get them out and then I realized that there was a particular direction they came out and there was some, how do you call it, splines on one end.

When the parts come I'll be a cry'n out.

Should be good for those who know as little as myself.

I am probably going to be asking some questions on this project. I did it a long time ago using SOR's plastic bushings and the original pins. Was tough to get them out and then I realized that there was a particular direction they came out and there was some, how do you call it, splines on one end.

:popcorn:

i had a guy in Alabama do mine($50 each i think) came out great
IMG_2604.jpg
IMG_2605.jpg
IMG_2604.jpg
IMG_2605.jpg
IMG_2606.jpg

Yes, IIRC the shafts are splined on one end. I think I took pics when I rebuilt mine. I will see if I can find them...

Last edited:
The guy from Alabama doesn't rebuild them anymore, as far as I know. He was the only one that sourced the new springs. I used new Forty bushings and the Napa pins, I think.

Was that Migcanic, or something like that?

Got that tool on the way as well. What the heck is that thing? I guess I'll find out! It's all these cool special tools that make the job!!
all I say is YOUTUBE.

What the heck is that thing? I guess I'll find out!

You bought a 11mm drill bit and you are going to press an 11.05mm OD bushing into that drilled hole, the bushing will start with an 8mm hole plus a little.

5448t200_multipurpose%20flanged%20sleeve%20bearingl.gif

With the press on the bushing plus any misalignment you won’t be able to slide your 8mm pins through both bushings, “that thing” is and adjustable hand reamer that you will pass through both bushings after you press them in to slightly increase their size and align the bores so the new pin will rotate freely.

Does the bushing shoulder go inside out, or inside in? Is the bushing in the outer or does it get pressed into the inner part of the hinge. Does that make sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom