Fj45 lwb lpb list (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seeeeseeiousss 45 issues son!!! But I am not one to help you!!!!
Hahaha yea I have no argument there, I had no intentions of buying another 45 but this one popped up and I didn’t think I would ever find one this clean and in spring green. I made a impulse decision and called him back and said I would take it. I didn’t want to be mad at myself down the road knowing I could of had the exact 45 and color I wanted. My first one was spring green and got crushed by a tree from a freak tornado we had here so I’m excited to replace it with this one. Here is a picture of my first 65 spring green 45 before I sold it and the second picture is of the new 66.

8E36A3CA-91CA-4603-8F4D-DD72F7860453.jpeg

E7E4928F-5C8D-46B9-969F-6A171AB1A040.jpeg

Deo Klein
Gainesville, Fla

This 45 (#21797) came up for sale in 2016 out of Reno. At the time the seller @TheYoungOne was doing a quick flip on it. He had gotten it out of Placerville, Ca and explained it came from Earl Wardens shop. He said it actually belonged to Earl himself at some point. The truck had a 283 Chevy and a 3 speed auto.

As much as I wanted it, at the time I had just purchased two other cruisers and couldn’t swing a third. I passed it onto a buddy of mine @bdyer12 who scooped it up.

Fast forward five years to 2021. My two other two cruisers are gone and I’ve just purchased the 45 from 5 years ago. Oh what a feeling!
F26DFD4F-B96A-443B-861A-B58886A64DB9.jpeg
298C0EDB-918D-4B32-8029-C07CF358B759.jpeg
C00B931C-8CB2-4717-884A-AE2D12F9F9AB.jpeg
3E0A9BAD-F5F5-46B6-A747-D4D1140C4790.jpeg

Last edited:
Ehren? There’s a name I haven’t heard for a long time!

1623630588468.jpeg

💥 Incoming 💥🤣
Windshield fell in our laps at 65 mph today, it appears that we may of hit a bird possibly, happened fast, instantaneous wind 💨 blast...

1623632387535.gif

By the way, window stayed in one piece...

1623632473178.jpeg

My brother-in-law was driving, window struck him in the face, before it fell in our laps...he’s 👍🏻
OK though !

The new OEM 40 glass is smaller than the old glass. Pretty common
Funny you would mention that...that’s exactly what I thought just lookin’ at the newer gasket, at a glance.. When you say “pretty common,” Nolan, are you meaning that it’s ‘pretty common’ for these smaller glass windows to do what it did ? Or that the newer glass is found to be pretty commonly smaller in size ?

Last edited:
Holy crap! What gasket was used if you don't mind me asking?
Holy crap! What gasket was used if you don't mind me asking?
I just looked through receipts and it was an aftermarket part #120-O3B-A from SOR with a “key lock strip” of #120-04B...evidently since the gasket shows being aftermarket, glass must’ve been replaced, (cannot recall) although cannot afford to let that ever happen again. Gonna have to get window glass like @wngrog pointed out that fits the FJ40’s for my ‘45 if that’s the case.

I just looked through receipts and it was an aftermarket part #120-O3B-A from SOR with a “key lock strip” of #120-04B...evidently since the gasket shows being aftermarket, glass must’ve been replaced, (cannot recall) although cannot afford to let that ever happen again. Gonna have to get window glass like @wngrog pointed out that fits the FJ40’s for my ‘45 if that’s the case.
And make sure you use an OEM gasket. For mine I used one from a 40 that had to be trimmed since my glass is smaller than yours...I have the vents under the glass. I've found that the OEM ones are thicker than aftermarket ones.

45 windshields are different size than a 40 windshield of the same generation????
are you guys talking about thickness of glass? old school versus new

there are 3 different sizes of windshields that I know of,
vent under glass
wipers up top and
wipers at the bottom

@Living in the Past any insight into this?

And make sure you use an OEM gasket. For mine I used one from a 40 that had to be trimmed since my glass is smaller than yours...I have the vents under the glass. I've found that the OEM ones are thicker than aftermarket ones.
yes I noticed that the after market gasket was $49 verses $90 for the OEM ...never again aftermarket. 👎🏻 Safety first, spend da $$$ !

45 windshields are different size than a 40 windshield of the same generation????
are you guys talking about thickness of glass? old school versus new

there are 3 different sizes of windshields that I know of,
vent under glass
wipers up top and
wipers at the bottom

@Living in the Past any insight into this?
Hey thanks for the input @3_puppies, mine has wipers above...need all the info I can get before I fix it ! 👍🏻 @Living in the Past

First off think a mod should make this it's own thread. Doesn't belong in the LWB list thread

As for weatherstripping and windshield obviously go OEM on anything possible. Windshield glass for the 45/47P RHD or LHD was the same as other 40 series. Same with the weatherstripping as long as in the same year ranges. What is interesting is the removable top on the 45 the weatherstripping on the rear corners and back glass it was always the later single piece weatherstripping that glass was flush not recessed like on the FJ40 up until 7/70. It wasn't until I purchased my FJ45 twenty five years ago I realized the corner glass was different than the FJ40. Wasn't as easy finding part numbers back than as today with the internet and didn't have any parts books. I bought spare glass and weatherstripping for the top from Danny Warden in Placerville. John @pardion was the one who had located the truck in Lincoln, CA so was already in the area when I bought it.

I do believe the thickness and tints may have had small changes over the years but not enough to effect the weatherstripping sizing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom