FJ45 Headache rack top loops (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wadesters

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cwcruisers.com
I purchased a reproduction headache rack from 4wd auto. Quality is good and sections will have to be welded. It does not come with the 2 top loops like original. Not a big deal but since welding is required though it would be good to install them.

I have no idea of dimension sizes of these pieces. Would be happy to pay someone for their time if they could send me a mock up of these pieces.

Thanks!

This is great Wade! This was something I wanted to do as well but never enough time.
I actually have a template I made from an original headache rack that @whitey45 had.
I would be more than willing to send it to you.

I will need a pair!
C6E7571F-D666-4FD5-9AC4-4C92FA49B2CA.jpeg

You need to get welding on that headache rack Ken, the rust is outrunning you 😂.

Looks like you bolted yours together like mine.
The way mine is makes the surfaces contact each other. This was for the spot weld to work.

I understand.
Just tried to explain why mine lower horizontal is facing that way

Pure curiosity on my part, but since Wade used bolts that means there are holes in both pieces, but how does that work for spot welding like with Ken's? If there are holes in both mating parts, then I guess that's a plug weld and would need to have a copper backing (somehow) to pull off? Yeah, I know, I should really go find something to do :D .

I’d be interested also.

Btw is the rack listed on the 4wd auto website? I couldn’t find it. Emailed Dan and waiting for a reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom