Fj40 Safari front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Fj40 Safari front bumper from cool cruiser does anyone know the original price cool cruiser sold this type of bumper for? What is a bumper like this worth now?
DCP_2653.jpg
DCP_2656.jpg

You sure that's not off of a Dodge Ram?

I think this was one of their early prototypes--

:lol:

To the OP, I'd pay someone to haul that away if it were mine. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. :)

I think there is also an ideal tube size to match the vehicle. Not sure what that is.. maybe 1 1/2".

Yeah, I think this is the one you mean, the ultimate FJ40 winch bumper...

products_rt.jpg

Thanks for the help JohnnyC !

Only in Texas would someone think that was cool....

They don't still sell those do they? The HFS bumper they sell is simpler, looks better and simpler.

Dan

Yes, they're for exporting to other states :cool:

CCOT site says 100lbs

Not sure what the modern electric winches weight but if you added this bumper plus my old PTO driven winch you would be talking serious weight on the front of a 40 Series. Not sure if that weight would have any effect on the driveability.
.......1978HJ45

Not sure what the modern electric winches weight but if you added this bumper plus my old PTO driven winch you would be talking serious weight on the front of a 40 Series. Not sure if that weight would have any effect on the driveability.
.......1978HJ45

better for wheeling....lower center of gravity :)

better for wheeling....lower center of gravity :)

Yes I could see where adding 300+ pounds to the front of a 40 Series could lower the center of gravity. :):) ....1978HJ45

I agree it might not look cool wheeling around town, driving to the office and back or the occasional off-road weekend. However some folks still use their cruiser for work I bet that big bumper would work great for hauling fencing materials, woven wire or corner posts that will not fit in the back, or a bail of hay. If you’re a deer hunter it would be a lot easier to haul the deer on the bumper and wash it off, than to haul it in the back with all your other hunting stuff. In town the bumper would be quite intimidating to the idiot in the sports car at the 4 way stop that goes out of turn. If you did hit a deer with your cruiser that bumper would look much cooler and less expensive to repair than a bent up hood, fender and broken light. Your right beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom