FJ40 Mark/Downey Header (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am interested in how the manifolds fit, as pictured above there seems to be an issue, is it a BFH solution or are the manifolds in pic not supposed to play together ?
BFH on header tubes and some material removal on the intake to eliminate the interference at the two points if you want to use the early wide runner manifold. I opted to swap to a later intake for the time being.

Finally got some time to open the boxes that Mark sent. There are more flanges, but I don’t think it’s worth showing all of them.

C7AF708D-2CA2-4336-BB01-68FAF219790D.jpeg

A0CE9D09-3E1E-48F3-B016-73AD659AD72F.jpeg

4EC9E6AB-24B8-4E6F-8259-7E3A806D4FA3.jpeg

4BAC83F8-527B-44FA-A6E5-8C1F03F7540E.jpeg

Gonzopancho, have you made any progress with the header project?
Today sourced (thanks, @PabloCruise) and shipped a complete 2F intake and exhaust to the place making the stainless version. They do a machined cast flange, and as I’m sure everyone here knows, the flange thickness wants to match the intake flange thickness, because common studs are in-use.

There is also tooling being developed. Yes, there will be tooling involved in make the ends of the tube a rectangle for the flange. You have to do this operation with the header tacked together to ensure the tube is in the correct location – so you cannot really purchase the tube pro-formed.

Speaking of the tubes, it looks like we can do a slightly better job of matching the tube lengths, which could make for better scavenging. Stay tuned!

I looked around my fleet of LandCruisers and didn’t see one with a 2F, so I’m having @FJ60Cam build me a 2F for the 76 FJ40 to replace the SBC.

good to hear! Do you have timeline of what you are working towards?

Any thoughts about ceramic coating these internally and/or externally to reduce engine compartment temps (as an alternative to wrapping)? Would love the extra flow, but only if I can reduce, or at least not increase, EC temps.

Last edited:
I am more than happy to help! It's not too often that I am able to get involved in this awesome community, I am mostly flying solo out here in the rust belt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom