FJ40 Jump seats---why some with support legs and other without? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok....

I have a 78 FJ40 which came with one small style Jump seat with leg supports....I have been looking for another one, but it seems some of the 78's had support legs and others didn't....any rhyme or reason for this?

I would like to find a matching Jump Seat, with support, but it seems like I can't do this based on the year of the 40 the seat was pulled from....

Any idea's.....

Thanks guys....

Don

Ya know, I always though the ones with the supports were longer, but after seeing a few they don't look any different. ???

i have some short seats with supports, no idea on year, i bought them off ebay.

72cruiser.....are you considering selling that jumpseat?

thanks....

Don

Jonathan, If you are selling those seats let me know cause I need some for mine. I currently have the pre 73 style in mine that the previous owner installed and I want to get the right ones for mine. Also if would be intrested in the ones I have since they are for your year let me know.

JP

Pretty sure that the '79 year gave us rear jump seats that had the fold down support on the bottom...

nah, don and jp, i'm not sellin. just sayin what i had. ha ha, sorry for the confusion.

also, jp, since i have a rollcage, those long jumpseats are about the same use to me as they are to you.

e-72ish, fj40s didn't have a stock rollcage. and they could seat 7! (3 up front, 2 on each jumpseat in the back)

oh, btw, it's lookin like i'm not goin to be able to go this weekend. some friends are comin up and so is my dad, sooooo... you know the deal.

thanks for offerin though. if you want to hit it up some later, or even later after finals, i'd be down, mos def.

also, if you are still lookin at the turbo set-up, get those specs from mace for the adapter and we can get it done for ya (i think).

have a good one,
malphrus

Jonathan, That is cool about this weekend I am sure there will be many more trips to Tellico. Also the adapter mace is using his setup with the factory exhaust manifold right? I don't have mine any more because I put on headers so I don't Think his will work for me. I am definetly going to trubo charge the cruiser this summer, cause inerstate driving in the ole cruiser sucks, but I have to get my tired old engine rebuilt first too. Don't think it could handle the turbo right now. If you end up doing the turbo too let me know for sure, so I can see how its done since I have no experiece with them.

JP

I got one black jump seat without legs I can sell, very good shape. If anyone is interested let me know. It came out of a '75.

I know 75 and 76 had no support only the rubber bumpers. Somewhere around 77/78 and up they used the leg supports.

Have no idea if this is conclusive, my 76 did not have the legs, my daughters 77 did.
Butch

i am wondering for more passenger room could i switch in a set or early 40 seats and throw them in my 78 for more passenger room?

doubt they would fit in between the posts of your roll cage, but it's worth a shot.

they also have armrest capability.

malphrus

heck a little jerry rigging never hurt anyone! lol welp im am on a mission to get some early landcruiser seats..........any condition as long as the pan and tubing are in good condition.....

PM clemsoncruiser, he's got some, and i'm sure for the right price....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom