Jump seats. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sogncab

SILVER Star
Threads
I don't know enough about this.

Right side jump seat has springs that hold the seat vertically. There is a tab welded to the vertical part of the frame, and a pin in the seat base that the spring attach to.

Left side of the vehicle does not have springs, or anything to mount them to. Does not appear that anything was ever present either.

Was this a modification? Mismatched seat frames?

I like the springs and would like to either snag another with springs and sell the one, or modify what I have.

Just curious.

20240222_064624.jpg

20240222_064609.jpg

I don’t think I have ever seen springs on the seats. There are differences like fold down leg on later years differences in the vinyl where they screw to the west frame on the back rest corners. Some have different mounts for the rubber bumpers. But I have not noticed a spring before.

Interesting. So they've been modded most likely.

I don't think the right sides has ever fallen down, so the alteration works well. I may have to do the same on the other side

What year 40? Appears to be 74-78 range. I'm guessing 74 or 75. I have three and half set of long jump seats. Date 68-73. All have the spring.
PXL_20240223_220433343.jpg

Have some short jump seats here none have a spring. My 76 and 68 both have short jump seats and both in another location. Believe the 68 I used 76 seats. Installed those over forty years ago not 100% sure what they were from. I bought the by themselves not on a cruiser.

My seats have a strap and a toggle to lock them in the up position. I'll be making replacement leather straps. I don't recall ever seeing springs in rear seats. You should look in the online catalogs like SOR.com to see what was used over the years.

All my cruisers with long jumps have had springs as well as straps with toggle. Newest I’ve had was a 1971.

Mine is a 76.

So maybe one side has an older jump seat?

Jump Seat Spring​

FJ40 Early Jumpseat Jumpseat Spring Jumpseat Spring
(click for large picture)
BuyQuantityPart NumberPriceIn Stock
Click for Zoom​
Add to Cart118-959A$0.00
JUMPSEAT SPRING
Fits 1958-9/73 FJ40-SOLD EACH
(Discontinued - Not available at this time)

Mine is a 76.

So maybe one side has an older jump seat?

This seat is from a 3/76.

Unless a “PO” pulled the ole switch-a-roo…😉

C7B1E59F-541E-4798-9E98-F2CFBCEDC209.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom