Finally!!!! Saginaw PS pump conversion kit for FJ60s!!!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"If you let the engine run too long, the pump will cavitate and the fluid will foam up and possibly overflow. Then you’ll need to wait for all the air bubbles to disperse before adding more fluid. "

It did exactly that....now next morning it's perfect I now have Cadillac power steering

Last edited:
Got the kit from Georg and everything went in smoothly. This was a fun and satisfying project. Steers like a dream now!

F9BC723C-FA13-456D-BF0A-D53FAC8637C1.jpeg

E1A0A581-D9E8-4EE4-8CF8-4769CBC9D7CC.jpeg

503B9893-C52C-4E27-8DD8-6B18B64218CE.jpeg

The only way to not have to worry about a possible leak issue is to buy a new pump from Toyota but they're over $400.
Georg @ Valley Hybrids

If anyone wants to stay OEM City Racer generally has new PS pumps for 210, they seem to be out of stock currently but I bought and put one in last month. Power Steering Pump for US Land Cruiser FJ40 FJ60

Next time I might go sag! Thanks for offering the kit.

P.S.
The powder coat in black looks really nice.

Hey Georg,

Got the kit. Got to looking at the truck. Steering box is leaking in a couple places. Now what?

Hey Georg,

Got the kit. Got to looking at the truck. Steering box is leaking in a couple places. Now what?

I'd say the first thing you need to do is figure out where the box is leaking ...…..

The most common leak is the input seal and O-ring. These items are a fairly simple fix and can be done by anybody with decent mechanical skills. This repair would require the removal of the PS box from the vehicle to make the job easier.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

@orangefj45 any willingness to do a 62 kit? I’d buy one!

I've contemplated that for quite a while but my conclusion has always came to the same: "Why"?!

The 62s are a lot less troublesome ( almost unheard-of to have a leaky PS pump ) so there's really no need to "fix" it.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

True, mine will need to be rebuilt or replaced soon though so considering options. Know anyone that rebuilds them with Toyota parts?

$ sent, looking forward to smooth steering with no more pulley death-wobble.

I got my Sag conversion and Jim's Air Pump idler installed. Honestly if I can do it any fool can. I am dangerous with a tool in my hand ;) I did want to include a picture I think will help if anyone needs to know which part to grind/cut off on the OEM bracket. I know I had quite a bit of trepidation when I cut off the mounting hole.

IMG_0604.JPG

Thanks, just ordered a kit and your pic will help I’m sure...:beer:

I got my Sag conversion and Jim's Air Pump idler installed. Honestly if I can do it any fool can. I am dangerous with a tool in my hand ;) I did want to include a picture I think will help if anyone needs to know which part to grind/cut off on the OEM bracket. I know I had quite a bit of trepidation when I cut off the mounting hole.

View attachment 1946089

Thank you for the order, i appreciate you sending business our way!!!!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers
[/QUOTE]

Sent a pm, can’t wait to throw this in my 60!

Thanks, just ordered a kit and your pic will help I’m sure...:beer:

I found the order-of-operations was REALLY important:

1) remove shroud and fan (good time to do the split shroud mod if you havent already)
2) remove existing pump
3) modify the bracket
4) install adapter to the pump
5) install the modified bracket to the engine
6) install the pump to the bracket
7) install the pulley to the pump
8) reinstall fan and shroud

Since you have the system drained it's a really good time to reseal the gearbox and replace lines. I ended up ordering the new HP hose from Georg as well and he was good enough to get it out to me right away. I should have just ordered it up front.

Got my kit a while ago thanks Georg!

Did the cutting with a Sawzall and a 14 tpi blade, cut through like butter.......the grinding with my Hitachi angle grinder

Used 4wheelfever's visual instructions, the pump bolted right up and cleared with no measuring!

O'reilly's pump 732-2137, rented their pulley installer kit, putting the pulley on with that was the easiest part

Sorry about the giant images

Hey, I bought that same pump from Oreillys, fit was great! Do you have a part number for the cap you used? Thanks for any help

MTM 82581 got it at O'Reilly's at the same time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom