Finally part of the 100club! LX470 Intro and Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Short intro, but thanks to all who contribute to this community. Read this forum for months before finding a stock grandma-driven 70K LX470 example. Bought it and swiftly drove it to Utah. More to come, but I'll use this thread to showcase the slow build and also seek out mudder advice.

Intro pic:

2488.jpg

Time to baseline this truck. She received her first oil today since purchase, so I took the opportunity to add an "EZ drain valve" to make future oil changes faster and less messy.

Original Drain Plug.jpg

EZ Drain Plug 1.jpg

EZ Drain Plug 2.jpg

EZ Drain Plug 3.jpg

EZ Drain Plug 4.jpg

Great pictures. Now how can anyone in their right mind not see that an enormous amount of receding water created that terrain.? Just thought I would throw that in as I contemplate where to get one of those EZ valves and thinking about the chances something knocking it off.

Great pictures. Now how can anyone in their right mind not see that an enormous amount of receding water created that terrain.? Just thought I would throw that in as I contemplate where to get one of those EZ valves and thinking about the chances something knocking it off.

The terrain is beautiful and I can only imagine how long for it took to get that way (especially Bryce Canyon). Worth the trip for those on the fence to visit Zion National Park and BC in the southwest portion of Utah.

As for the EZ valve, I purchased it direct. I too was worried about the length, but after installing it (without the optional extension that is easy to remove), I'm not concerned as the valve only extends approximately 3/4" beyond the normal oil drain bolt. If/when I decide to upgrade and lift the truck to tackle more difficult trails, I plan on adding better undercarriage protection than the stock plastic cover.

Gonna need some pictures of your rig!

My ungeologically trained brain sees it a different way. I feel that terrain has been created by little water, but an emormous amount to time. Just a small stream (ok, medium river) over millions of years.

My ungeologically trained brain sees it a different way. I feel that terrain has been created by little water, but an emormous amount to time. Just a small stream (ok, medium river) over millions of years.

Cool. So what affect you think the water had receeding from 40 days and nights of totally engulfing the earth? Looks like that would have had a decent affect on the earth' crust.

Millions is easy for folks to say when we can't comprehend it or be accountable for it. And to think man has been around a huge number of years as some say.....and only the last 150 total years have we been rolling around in automobiles. What on earth were we thinking or doing for soooooo many millions of years and then all of a sudden...there's a car. Huhhh?

Cool. So what affect you think the water had receeding from 40 days and nights of totally engulfing the earth? Looks like that would have had a decent affect on the earth' crust.

Millions is easy for folks to say when we can't comprehend it or be accountable for it. And to think man has been around a huge number of years as some say.....and only the last 150 total years have we been rolling around in automobiles. What on earth were we thinking or doing for soooooo many millions of years and then all of a sudden...there's a car. Huhhh?

OK, now we’re getting deep. This is my exact argument when people say obviously we’re alone in the universe because nothing has ever tried to contact us. 150 years ago, we were riding horses or walking and I’d wager that 90% of the population never went further than 10 miles from their birthplace. 115 years ago, man moving from one place to another without contact with the ground was a dream. What if somewhere out there, there is a civilization that Is where we may be in 100 years? 500 years? 1,000 years? Why would they even want to contact a civilization that is just barely putting satellites into orbit? Maybe they have no interest in contacting us, because they’re snobs and only contact other civilizations that have the technology that they have? We’re not even a blip on their radar screen?

And, yes, the rapid recession of water from being flooded for 40 days and nights probably would have an effect, but one major flood has less of an effect on a river than 20 years of water being diverted in a different direction.

Btw, didn’t mean to hijack your thread. Great truck, but wow, those are some amazing pictures. We just don’t get that kind of scenery on the east coast.

The 40 days and nights of water “engulfing the earth” is not necessarily a historical fact. Most likely an enormous flood event In that particular ancient region. The narrative was passed down through the generations and evolved into whatever civilizations flood story. Most cultures have some kind of Devine flood story. Anyway ya millions of years of river. And the alien civilization thing, ya totally. Deep. Also @100club sweet ride . Great pics. are you out on the western slope?

Most likely an enormous flood event In that particular ancient region. The narrative was passed down through the generations and evolved into whatever civilizations flood story. Most cultures have some kind of Devine flood story.

Hmm... Now let's get real deep with an acute observation about that line above. Should myself and yourself believe you on that or the Bible? What are the chances the Bible is a bit more correct than you pr me? I digress into the fine pics @100club made on his trip in the flood plain. Just wow @100club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom