2004 LX470 - intro/build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Factory nav doesn't work. I'm not sure if it's shot or if I just need to reset it with the backup battery drain reset trick. Factory Mark Levinson amp is blown too.

Really don't care about either so I pulled the DVD drive and amp out and will use this spot for a new amp. Going to use a marine bluetooth amp for a headless system running from my phone. Maybe this JVC pictured below but haven't shopped around yet. Kicker just to test out the space.

Screenshot 2023-08-20 at 3.47.43 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-20 at 3.46.43 PM.png

Last edited:
I want to flatten out the rear footwell. Thinking about building a little platform. I'll have enough room for an inverter and a low profile powered subwoofer under it.

Screenshot 2023-08-20 at 3.52.28 PM.png

I did my best to detail it inside and out then new wheels and tires.

Method 706 checked all the boxes for me. I like the bronze, they have an extended center cap to clear the hubs, and the bead grip concept can't hurt. A while back I worked with a racing team that was sponsored by Method and in many thousands of miles of class 1 racing we never had a single wheel issue that I can remember. So I figure they make decent stuff.

The tires are 33" BFG KO2.

View attachment 3405008
17 “ or 18” are these +35 offset?

The Mark Levinson system isn't working. Seems like I just get sound from a couple tweeters up front. I assume the amp is blown. Eventually I'll figure out how to replace that but for now this JBL boombox is my stereo. Actually does a pretty good job.

View attachment 3405019
Disconnect the subwoofer on left back side. Sometimes when that is blown it makes the side speakers not work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom