Intro Thread: 05' LX470 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been enjoying the site for a bit now, figured I'd throw my story out there - bought the LX back in early December off of Cars n Bids, wow was that an experience. 1st time ever buying a car off an auction site like that, but the truck checked all the boxes for me and it was only a few hours away...so far so great!

It's a 2005 gray mica and it had 256k miles when I got it. It was a 1-owner, locally owned, garage kept, same Lexus service dealer for entire life, extremely well loved (as evidenced by personal letter and many other things) and 100% bone stock! They even left me what has to be the OEM Lexus mud mats. I mean this thing is mint, so I wasn't scared of the miles or the minor surface rust underneath (pictures). AHC works and operates fantastic, sunroof, all electronics, a/c, heat, everything works great. Man oh man was I nervous buying a car sight unseen though, I'm not sure if I'd do that again, lol. Yeah sure it has some knicks and scratches, but I mean it's a 20 y/o vehicle with 256k miles...

Anyway, so far I have addressed a few minor things:

1. Missing roof rack trim piece - replaced with new from ebay
2. Missing/damaged rear center console cupholder - replaced with new from ebay
3. Rear subwoofer - repaired with new foam kit
4. Fresh oil change with synthetic
5. Fresh air intake filter
6. New wiper blades
7. FM bluetooth transmitter (not my favorite solution, but the sound is a 8/10 and I like the idea of keeping it stock)

That's honestly probably it for awhile. I'll do tint and get some roof rack crossbars, but not much else for now. I love it just the way it is...cheers.
Drvr side hdlight qtr angle.jpeg

engine bay.jpeg

cockpit qtr angle.jpg

undercarriage.jpeg

letter.jpeg

Who knows...maybe the PO is on ih8mud!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom